• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suspicious Batman #1 on Ebay
5 5

149 posts in this topic

s-l1600.jpg

Interesting trivia that no one cares about: on the cover of FFE: Batman #1, they changed a number of details:

s-l1000.jpg

But on the interior cover, they made even more changes (including changing things back to the original):

s-l1600.jpg

You have to scratch your head in wonder why they made changes TWICE to a single reprint, rather than using the same image for both the "outer" and "inner" covers.

One of the biggest mistakes DC made was not putting "reprint" on each page. 

See if you can spot all the differences!

4 hours ago, MR SigS said:

1st  one I see is no building silhouette to the left of BOB KANE.

The location of the "A DC Publication" red circle is moved from the left edge of the batwing to the first "wingfinger" to the right.

Edited by valiantman

2 minutes ago, valiantman said:

The location of the "A DC Publication" red circle is moved from the left edge of the batwing to the first "wingfinger" to the right.

The "1" from No .1 (top left) doesn't have the angled top mark.  The reprint looks like No .l

Just now, valiantman said:
4 minutes ago, valiantman said:

The "1" from No .1 (top left) doesn't have the angled top mark.  The reprint looks like No .l

That might be the easiest way to remember the reprint.  "No .l" is more like a lowercase L than a 1, and a lowercase L stands for "laughable". lol

15 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Are they super-obvious or is the "No .l" clue the best one to remember? lol

The "1", the missing water tower on the bottom left, and the bullet are the easiest way to tell. 

But there are a few other minute differences as well... :D

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
1 hour ago, valiantman said:

Are they super-obvious or is the "No .l" clue the best one to remember? lol

The "1", the missing water tower on the bottom left, and the bullet are the easiest way to tell. 

But there are a few other minute differences as well... :D

Picture it... someone comes across a copy of Batman #1 and thinks "Merry Christmas To Me! I'm RICH!"

But then, in the back of their memory comes the thought... "It's only Christmas if there's Noel."

If you see an "l" (in No .l), it's Scrooge McReprint. lol

20 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Picture it... someone comes across a copy of Batman #1 and thinks "Merry Christmas To Me! I'm RICH!"

But then, in the back of their memory comes the thought... "It's only Christmas if there's Noel."

If you see an "l" (in No .l), it's Scrooge McReprint. lol

Well, if it's also the size of an unfolded newspaper, that's really your biggest clue....