• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you reckon CGC will ever come to a uk Comic Convention?

20 posts in this topic

Reading the list of conventions that CGC will be visiting this year makes me really wish i lived in the States! How cool would it be if they did a comic convention across the pond in the good ole uk. I don't blame them for not coming across though as the comic conventions in the states are 10 times better than the ones here! Ach well maybe next year

*prods CGC staff that decide what conventions they visit with large knobbly (british) twig*

p.s If anyones interested i'm selling some double comics i own going cheap smile.gif Here's the link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...me=STRK:MESE:IT

Do you reckon CGC will ever come to a uk Comic Convention?

We only have one comic convention in the U.K. per annum (everything else is just marts).

If CGC came over it would be for the PR, as there simply wouldn't be enough submissions to make the trip worth their while. Frankly I don't think it would be worth the expense either way.

So no, it's not going to happen.

Do people in England say "reckon?" I thought that was a Texas thing.

Well, me being scottish (just residing in England) i would also assume it is a thing said in Scotland ^-^ alongside other said phrases such as "Awrite" "By ra way" "Pure heavy dead mad" and "Haw man i'm pure gonna kick yer teeth in"

Ahhh....memories hehe

We do use that word quite often. I remember once being asked by U.S. friends why I was trying to ape Southern U.S. talk by using that word, but no, it's English vernacular.

p.s If anyones interested i'm selling some double comics i own going cheap smile.gif Here's the link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...me=STRK:MESE:IT

kiltman, I gotta say that is one of the worst auctions I have ever seen.

You would probably make more money if you actually mentioned which issues of which title you were auctioning. I would also have offered the pocket books as a seperate auction from the comics.

Good luck with it.

We do use that word quite often. I remember once being asked by U.S. friends why I was trying to ape Southern U.S. talk by using that word, but no, it's English vernacular.

Wow. I had no idea. Thanks for the info thumbsup2.gif

I'll use it more often and say that I'm English.

I will admit i was lazy with that particular listing. Not too interested in a profit or anything, as long as they go to someone who will enjoy them i don't mind smile.gif My other auctions are a little better :P Anyway this is verging on me advertising which im not here to do hehe so i'll zip my mouth shut.

I will admit i was lazy with that particular listing. Not too interested in a profit or anything, as long as they go to someone who will enjoy them i don't mind smile.gif My other auctions are a little better :P Anyway this is verging on me advertising which im not here to do hehe so i'll zip my mouth shut.

No problem, we all get that way. Seriously though, you should edit the description to include the title/issues that you are offering. Makes a huge difference between modern comics and older comics.

You can pimp your auctions all you like here. Just try to keep it to the MArket place thread if you can.

WTTB!!! thumbsup2.gif

Cheers for the advice, i dont tend to sell comics unless i have two copies of the same one (even then sometimes i keep them) so when it comes to selling them i dont really know what im saying hehe. I'll take that into account.

*Drives eBay pimp mobile to market thread*

how many people go to your uk convention? we only get 2-3000 people in oregon frown.gif

The U.K. comic Convention is held annually in Bristol (yep, not London, or even Birmingham). It's actually smaller than the monthly London shows, with less dealers. I'd say it's about 15% of the size of WonderCon, for example.

The place does get crowded though. My estimate would be that 1,500 people attend, although I could be wrong. I go mainly to socialize - I rarely find anything to buy there.

how many people go to your uk convention? we only get 2-3000 people in oregon frown.gif

The U.K. comic Convention is held annually in Bristol (yep, not London, or even Birmingham). It's actually smaller than the monthly London shows, with less dealers. I'd say it's about 15% of the size of WonderCon, for example.

The place does get crowded though. My estimate would be that 1,500 people attend, although I could be wrong. I go mainly to socialize - I rarely find anything to buy there.

This is actually good to know, I've been long harbouring fantasies of going to Bristol, but after reading this I'm thinking I should save up and fly to the US for my first convention... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This is actually good to know, I've been long harbouring fantasies of going to Bristol, but after reading this I'm thinking I should save up and fly to the US for my first convention... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I shouldn't say this as I get on with the show's organizers, and enjoy the vibe (Bristol is a city worth visiting) but in terms of buying, there is absolutely no contest. I suspect you'd be pretty disappointed with what's on offer if you went to this show, although it'd be cool to meet up with another Forumite.

If I were you Chrome I'd go to one of Carbonaro's NY shows during low season (i.e. Spring / Autumn, when it's cheaper). You're bound to find something, plus you've got NYC.......

If I were you Chrome I'd go to one of Carbonaro's NY shows during low season (i.e. Spring / Autumn, when it's cheaper). You're bound to find something, plus you've got NYC.......

Yeah, been thinking of doing that...trouble is that I can never go during low season, I get a lot of time off, but it's fixed and always during high season.

My buddy in Boston invited me to come over for a week, but I would have to to in August, just checked, cheapest flights are $971 OUCH !

I could justify it if I was going to travel around, but for a few days...it's a lot of $$$