• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your Top 5 modern titles?

82 posts in this topic

1. Spider-Girl

2. Y: The Last Man (tho' I read this in trades from the library)

I'm hoping Fantastic Four's new creative team will spark some interest. Captain America is looking more interesting. GLA, She-Hulk relaunch, Thing solo book, and Rann/Thanagar War all have potential.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I only get 3 new books each month:

Invincible

Superman/Batman

Ultimate Spiderman

Although I'm always looking for new reads based on others recommendations thumbsup2.gif

Wow, I get about 30. 20 or so that I read every month, a number of minis, and a few additional that I just check out every now and then.

I only get 3 new books each month:

Invincible

Superman/Batman

Ultimate Spiderman

Although I'm always looking for new reads based on others recommendations thumbsup2.gif

Wow, I get about 30. 20 or so that I read every month, a number of minis, and a few additional that I just check out every now and then.

Not much to do down in OK? poke2.gifstooges.gif

1)Star Wars: Republic

2)Star Wars: Empire

3)Star Wars: Obsession

4)Star Wars: Tales

5)Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

Just kidding about those being my top 5....but they are awesome!!!

foreheadslap.gif #3 sure does apply to you though! thumbsup2.gif

1)Star Wars: Republic

2)Star Wars: Empire

3)Star Wars: Obsession

4)Star Wars: Tales

5)Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

Just kidding about those being my top 5....but they are awesome!!!

What about Star Wars: General Grievious?

I also should have said that minis don't count.

Five is pushing it for me, I get Y the Last Man and Conan monthly along with any minis that look interesting (only one right now is Ocean). I have been buying Toe Tags for some reason - it's really not that good and the Wrightson covers are kinda sleeping.gif

TPBs of current titles I get (so I guess they count) are The Goon and The Walking Dead. The Goon is the best new character/comic I have read in a long time. Eric Powell obviously loves what he does and his talent matches that exuberance. Now if I could only get an original page with the Goon punching someone....

Now if I could only get an original page with the Goon punching someone....

The line forms behind me and Norrin. yeahok.gif

I got sniped on the two pages I was bidding on when Powell had his benefit auctions in January. frustrated.gif

You come close on any? The cover to #4 would have been sweet. Too beaucoup for me though.

Sorry for the sign-offtopic.gif