• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Frazetta Motherload
7 7

571 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, wombat said:

Did you buy this?

No, I did not buy it,

I was mentioning the Pony Express because lately I have been having trouble getting my purchases in a timely manner.  Probably due to Covid delays.  Right now I am waiting for a slab from Lone Star that has been in shipment for 2 weeks.  I live in the same state.  I also have a return for credit to another seller that was last seen in Dallas on June 4th.  "in transit".  LOL.

1 hour ago, wombat said:

I think that is a very fair price. Probably doesn't help out cstojano. 

You think so? I think it helps me a bit because the value of that book to me is negative as a late reprint. I think it makes the Eerie posted above look like a great buy at 1200 even if an under copy. Interesting to consider the drivers of price though because I suspect we all have different things we focus on. To me the reprint is a big distraction even if the art is iconic, much more so than the Vamp 5 cover that I have. Who knows. My need to sell these books has basically ended so I will likely let the listing run out and put these away again. I was angling for a stupid purchase that would have bankrupted my collection, which fell through (thankfully, I think).

I should note that I had one offer on eBay for 7k for the three books I listed, which I declined. A regret, maybe? But I hate paying eBay 700 dollars in fees on that sale.

Edited by cstojano

15 minutes ago, cstojano said:

You think so? I think it helps me a bit because the value of that book to me is negative as a late reprint. I think it makes the Eerie posted above look like a great buy at 1200 even if an under copy. Interesting to consider the drivers of price though because I suspect we all have different things we focus on. To me the reprint is a big distraction even if the art is iconic, much more so than the Vamp 5 cover that I have. Who knows. My need to sell these books has basically ended so I will likely let the listing run out and put these away again. I was angling for a stupid purchase that would have bankrupted my collection, which fell through (thankfully, I think).

I should note that I had one offer on eBay for 7k for the three books I listed, which I declined. A regret, maybe? But I hate paying eBay 700 dollars in fees on that sale.

Without question I think your books are more valuable. The question is how much. If I had to value your books I would say to me probably between $2,000 and $2,500 each. Obviously just my opinion. Personally unless the book in question is a bit more of a grail (Vampi 1, Weird Science Fantasy 29, etc.) I think the vast majority of the value is the sig alone. 

On 8/7/2021 at 2:34 PM, Makmorn said:

More like 5 signings

11/23/08, 7/1/08, and 1/11/09

suppliesxf2.gif

It was mentioned early in this thread there were three all together. Are you getting this from dates on books or you just know?

On 8/7/2021 at 5:02 PM, wombat said:

Thank you. Does make me wonder who handled all the signings. 

Mostly Chainball and NYcomics to my knowledge. One did 2 and the other 3, not sure who did which amount..

My Creepy #11 was in the very first signing, 5/10/08, Creepy #1(8.5) 11/23/08, Creepy #3 7/12/08, Blazing Combat #3 1/11/09, and Creepy #1(9.2) 5/30/09.

On 8/7/2021 at 5:14 PM, Makmorn said:

Mostly Chainball and NYcomics to my knowledge. One did 2 and the other 3, not sure who did which amount..

My Creepy #11 was in the very first signing, 5/10/08, Creepy #1(8.5) 11/23/08, Creepy #3 7/12/08, Blazing Combat #3 1/11/09, and Creepy #1(9.2) 5/30/09.

Thank you sir. 

On 1/15/2022 at 9:37 AM, cstojano said:

I was just coming on to post this. I asked people what they thought the auction would end at in some thread. 

On 1/15/2022 at 11:59 AM, cstojano said:

I always valued these Famous Funnies less than the Warren mags, but apparently not. Reading this Magazine thread may have biased me here ;) I sold mine last year and barely recovered my costs. 

They have always seemed to go for more money and seem way more scarce.