• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
34 34

4,333 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2024 at 3:38 PM, Stefan_W said:

There is an option to automatically send them. In my case I don't do it manually whenever books have been sitting for a couple of weeks with a bunch of watchers. 

It works pretty well and I make a lot of sales with send offers. 

Do you have to be a paid advertiser for this option, or am I just missing where I can do it as a non paying schlub (outside of the pound of flesh they take in fees LMAO)?

On 7/20/2024 at 3:39 PM, Darwination said:
On 7/20/2024 at 3:38 PM, Stefan_W said:

There is an option to automatically send them. In my case I don't do it manually whenever books have been sitting for a couple of weeks with a bunch of watchers. 

It works pretty well and I make a lot of sales with send offers. 

Do you have to be a paid advertiser for this option, or am I just missing where I can do it as a non paying schlub (outside of the pound of flesh they take in fees LMAO)?

If you list something I notice it in the app more than online. :cheers: edit to say no you don't have to pay for this service 

Where it will tell me such and such number is interested so send an offer. :cheers:

It is not always people who clicked to be watchers either, I've always been able to manage the offer sent too, but say I have 3 watchers but it has been a week? It'll say in the app at least to send offer to those "interested" and it might send it to four or five with only three watchers. It also tells me how many were sent and their handle is somewhat with *** placed in until they are buyers or declined. It also in the app tell me who has declined or etc. but it only last 48 hours and they can haggle back with an offer, and I also think immediate payment is turned off with the offers etc. 

Then after 48 hours it will usually say send offer again andmwith different people so that you can tell if enough interested buyers. Even though eBay does the ** to mute some of the potential buyers names. To my knowledge once you get an offer, you don't get another one text time if they declined, didn't haggle, nor unwatched and rewatched.

Sounds complicated when I type it all out 😂 

Another edit to say that if you send and offer but gain more watchers or those "interested" you yourself have to wait until the offer you already sent is either declined or expired after 48 hours to THEN send out another offer.

@Darwination so if no one haggles, you can't then say you'd even go lower until that first offer expires, unless they respond with another offer. Haha 😂

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

The funky thing about all this is it causes people to have a starting price at least 20 percent higher than what they actually want for a book.  Seems like a funky circle with a lot more effort involved with all the offers and counteroffers.  But some people clearly like the process :D

On 7/20/2024 at 4:26 PM, Darwination said:

The funky thing about all this is it causes people to have a starting price at least 20 percent higher than what they actually want for a book.  Seems like a funky circle with a lot more effort involved with all the offers and counteroffers.  But some people clearly like the process :D

I still had to edit to clarify lol as it was missing articles lol

But while I agree with you, the onky saving grace is that perhaps with enough "watchers" showing interest waiting for an offer? @Darwination, then someone might hit bin, which I've still heard people say. Unrelated to this topic, :"It has 8 watchers!" Etc

Shows promise to some, but idk if that is an equal balance in the scales or not lol

It is what it is though. Especially with me doh! Because I've eyed things but didn't become a "watcher", as I didn't want to show interest to others, if I was the 1ST watcher  etc. But that would mean I would end up with no offer and paying full price lol

And so on and on, but most of the time if I eye it like that is still worth it. :ohnoez: rantrant

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

The flipside is that sometimes I'll watch an item I might buy straight up assuming I'll get an automatic offer later (and just forget about it or go cool on the idea).

I know people that use all bookmarks just not to let others or the seller know they have interest.  Considering I'm watching 201 items right now (I sh*t you not, not that I'm serious about that many, but I do like to watch prices, etc.), bookmarks isn't really an option.  I might have an extreme eBay fetish :50849494_winkemoji:

On 7/20/2024 at 5:26 PM, Darwination said:

I would argue those people are selling wrong.

Every value listed in GPA, for example, is before auction house and other selling fees. I see people trying to sell a book, finding a $500 value in GPA, and figuring their book is not only worth $500 but they should not take home any less than that. The people who sold the books listed in GPA sales all paid 10%, 20% or even more in selling fees. From my perspective, if a book has a $500 value in GPA based on current sales the seller should be selling for $500 on EBay and then eating the fees. Period. In my mind the cost of selling is a fundamental to selling effectively, and those who do not sell effectively simply do not maximize their earnings over time. 

On 7/20/2024 at 4:39 PM, Darwination said:

You can send offers without paying for a store, but of course you have to pay all the usual fees after completing sales. The pound of flesh is coming off one way or the other, hahaha. 

Lol and then there is another flip side on the right sided die with Kitty Pride and nightcrawler too, that you simply get a link to a expensive book to look at...  :whatthe:

You look but later get an "offer" but are busy and don't click on it as to not accidentally accept the offer. doh! not likely but it is one phone drop click away :wavingwhiteflag::tieddowngif:

So lol 🤣 😆 I usually don't click to decline, which is why it stinks to have to wait forty eight hours if not everyone responds to decline haha

On 7/20/2024 at 4:49 PM, Stefan_W said:

You can send offers without paying for a store, but of course you have to pay all the usual fees after completing sales. The pound of flesh is coming off one way or the other, hahaha. 

Have you seen it other than the app?

The app is concise or a little too so, but I find the computer website full of needless clicks for a one or two book seller like me lol

On 7/20/2024 at 5:52 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Have you seen it other than the app?

The app is concise or a little too so, but I find the computer website full of needless clicks for a one or two book seller like me lol

I use my desktop for all Ebay stuff. When it comes to buying and selling I dont trust my chubby fingers hitting the right keys on a tiny device. 

On 7/20/2024 at 4:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

You look but later get an "offer" but are busy and don't click on it as to not accidentally accept the offer. doh! not likely but it is one phone drop click away :wavingwhiteflag::tieddowngif:

That's the most ridiculous thing about the offers on the app.  Like it almost takes concentration to avoid accepting the offer :roflmao:

On 7/25/2024 at 10:39 AM, Stefan_W said:
On 7/25/2024 at 10:23 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

just updated the "Listings" box in the Seller Hub, and took away most of the information that I used to find useful there.

Just checked and it still appears as usual for me. 

tbh I think some listing options under searches are different or it "depends on the search", but that isn't technically "new" lol 

On 7/25/2024 at 11:39 AM, Stefan_W said:

For me, it looks like the below. Gone are the number of Scheduled listings, Unsold and Not Relisted, with reserve met, Auction listings (which was useful to count how many BINs would automatically relist and use up a free insertion), etc.ScreenShot2024-07-25at5_48_40PM.thumb.png.4026e7c7ed1f8dcb3b603b0ddcaa5e43.png

On 7/25/2024 at 4:51 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

For me, it looks like the below. Gone are the number of Scheduled listings, Unsold and Not Relisted, with reserve met, Auction listings (which was useful to count how many BINs would automatically relist and use up a free insertion), etc.ScreenShot2024-07-25at5_48_40PM.thumb.png.4026e7c7ed1f8dcb3b603b0ddcaa5e43.png

Well that is the app. And yes I noticed.

I thought somehow you meant the bar to the left where you click on sold to view sistings, (different for every seafch) I didn't realize you meant the "Hub!"  doh!

On 7/25/2024 at 10:39 AM, Stefan_W said:

On 7/25/2024 at 10:44 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

tbh I think some listing options under searches are different or it "depends on the search", but that isn't technically "new" lol 

I still might have misspoke, but the computer laptop side of things is so convoluted but some stuff is onky found there rather than the app.

Other than that I think it still has everything if you needed specifics. :shy:

Screenshot_20240725_173313_eBay.jpg

On 7/25/2024 at 6:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I still might have misspoke, but the computer laptop side of things is so convoluted but some stuff is onky found there rather than the app.

Other than that I think it still has everything if you needed specifics. :shy:

Screenshot_20240725_173313_eBay.jpg

I haven't sold on ebay in years.  I was thinking about cleaning out some collectibles and registered for a sellers account.  Do they really require you to upload a photo of your drivers license to sell now?  

On 8/11/2024 at 10:17 AM, WolverineX said:

I haven't sold on ebay in years.  I was thinking about cleaning out some collectibles and registered for a sellers account.  Do they really require you to upload a photo of your drivers license to sell now?  

I forget the set-up process tbh