• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:

Was the broken piece in the envelope?

Yes. In fact, the broken pieces were still in the CGC "slab bag" itself (and some of them are still inside the slab, as referenced above.) This damage happened while the slab and its bag were still inside the padded envelope.

14 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Yes. In fact, the broken pieces were still in the CGC "slab bag" itself (and some of them are still inside the slab, as referenced above.) This damage happened while the slab and its bag were still inside the padded envelope.

This proves the item was damaged during shipment. If you have a picture of this then that wins your case with eBay 

9 hours ago, Logan510 said:

There's two sides to every story (shrug)

It'd be nice if the seller posted his side here.

Two sides goes without saying, but it looks like the seller, by ceasing to dialogue on the subject, would be equally as evasive here. If he did come here, it would be likely that most would want him to out his eBay handle and it would be an instant block by many. 

1 minute ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Thats my thought too. But if you do a search..... well here. Look.

What I'm saying is you are only allowed so many characters in your title. I usually try to fill that completely without even getting to bag & board. I put that in the product description.

You're better off finding what you want and looking at the sellers feedback.

34 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

"Personal", in the manner I'm using it, doesn't mean "of or pertaining to a specific person." In the sense that I'm using it, it means "of or pertaining to a single (as in "one", not as in "unmarried") person, rather than a group of people." There's a difference in meaning there.

And the question was rhetorical. You don't want me deciding what's best for you, anymore than I want you doing it for me. It leads to abuse. In the same way, I don't want USPS to stick their noses into policing UPS boxes, because it leads to abuse. And there's a difference between telling someone what you think they should do, and actually making them do it.

Do onto others as you would have them do onto you.
And USPS ought to play nice with their future boss.

USPS.jpg

usps2.jpg

6 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Do onto others as you would have them do onto you.
And USPS ought to play nice with their future boss.

Yes, it's "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" (if we're going to use archaic language.)

It's not "...and make sure everyone else is doing unto others what you would have them do, too."

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

Yes, it's "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" (if we're going to use archaic language.)

It's not "...and make sure everyone else is doing unto others what you would have them do, too."

You're right. Not in our current society. It's more about how I can take advantage of something to make a buck.

Just now, ygogolak said:

You're right. Not in our current society. It's more about how I can take advantage of something to make a buck.

That's been true far longer than our current society. Besides, I don't want the USPS policing things that aren't their job to police. I'd rather let the police do the policing. Letting the police do their job isn't giving approval for bad behavior.

10 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

That's been true far longer than our current society. Besides, I don't want the USPS policing things that aren't their job to police. I'd rather let the police do the policing. Letting the police do their job isn't giving approval for bad behavior.

So you ship comics Media Mail? Don't want them "policing" and all.

Just now, ygogolak said:

So you ship comics Media Mail? Don't want them "policing" and all.

You're conflating that which is within their purview...shipping methods of the USPS...and that which is not...the use of shipping materials of other companies.

Not a valid comparison.

1 hour ago, Patriot6 said:

Two sides goes without saying, but it looks like the seller, by ceasing to dialogue on the subject, would be equally as evasive here. If he did come here, it would be likely that most would want him to out his eBay handle and it would be an instant block by many. 

There are always two sides, of course. But that's the point of reporting every word the other party says: you're giving their side, too. It's disingenuous, dishonest, and provocative to imply that someone, in that situation, is only giving one side, and that the other side needs to be "heard." 

They were. Every word of it. There's nothing more (for now) to hear. 

4 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

There are always two sides, of course. But that's the point of reporting every word the other party says: you're giving their side, too. It's disingenuous, dishonest, and provocative to imply that someone, in that situation, is only giving one side, and that the other side needs to be "heard." 

They were. Every word of it. There's nothing more (for now) to hear. 

Precisely, you were simply more elegant in expelling it. 

2 hours ago, Gaard said:

This sounds interesting. Can you elaborate, please?

I had recently graded books shipped via fedex under my account next day. When I arrived at my ups store (I have deliveries sent there) the normal CGC rectangle box (for 3 slabs) was a small brown fedex square box. The original label used by CGC had been taped on the new box. I knew that the box had been repackaged by someone and told the owner of the store to witness me opening the box (I feared it had been stolen and not broken)

the books were cracked badly all 3 of them etc 

the worst part is that while I did file a claim with fedex and they said they sent a $100 check to cover the damages I never received the check, called them multiple times to reissue the check and never got paid for it. They now claim that they cannot find the original claim and that money is lost 

Edited by jsilverjanet

5 hours ago, Patriot6 said:

You’re probably right, but I like to judge these kinds of things on an individual basis. If I don’t trust one party doing all the talking, why would I assume everything they say is the truth without hearing from the other party?

I bought this book, seller seemed nice. Book was missing the centerfold and I believe the back cover is trimmed. Seller knows about both. 

So just a heads up since he did not mention it in his listing. I saw the listing when I was going to look for a feedback link after I got my refund.

I didn't leave him any, because I'm hoping he will change the listing. If he doesn't, I'll mention the missing pages in the feedback.

But MEANWHILE, I didn't want anyone here to get stuck.

He answered, apologized and said he will update the listing. 

So nice, honest eBay people do exist outside the forum:)  It's the first Woman in Red, first masked female super hero, so if anyone wants an inexpensive copy, the pages are nice. It's missing the first page of the story.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173195024641?ViewItem=&item=173195024641

Edited by skypinkblu

3 hours ago, Logan510 said:
8 hours ago, Patriot6 said:

You’re probably right, but I like to judge these kinds of things on an individual basis. If I don’t trust one party doing all the talking, why would I assume everything they say is the truth without hearing from the other party?

You are the very essence, definition, and embodiment of the concept of "bad faith." There is no discussing with you, because your goal is vengeance, not understanding.

Please stop trying to pick fights and MOVE. ALONG.

(Last post on page 2, if anyone is wondering why this is here.)

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

20 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You are the very essence, definition, and embodiment of the concept of "bad faith." There is no discussing with you, because your goal is vengeance, not understanding.

Please stop trying to pick fights and MOVE. ALONG.

(Last post on page 2, if anyone is wondering why this is here.)

:popcorn: