• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Oh I’m certain a box this size was opened for inspection. And I’ll have to pay those fees. 

Well, if you get them at all. I sent some SCI Fi paperbacks to a friend who was ill and all I got back was a label. The box was opened and the items were lost, no insurance coverage either. I would think in that case, you'd have to go through PP. 

You COULD open a case with them, but call them first.

What the F****.

Just got this email.

eBay is happy to announce plans to further improve the customer experience by intermediating payments on our Marketplace platform. In doing so, eBay will manage the payments flow, simplifying the end-to-end experience for both buyers and sellers. We have signed an agreement with Adyen, a leading global payments processor, to become our primary payments processing partner. PayPal, a long-time eBay partner, will be a payments option at checkout for eBay buyers.

You do not need to take any action at this time. The transition to full payments intermediation will be a multi-year journey.

Over the past three years, eBay has transformed its business to drive the best choice, most relevance and most powerful selling platform. Building out our payments capabilities is the next step in that strategy.

Payments intermediation will bring significant benefits for eBay sellers. You can expect a simplified pricing structure, more predictable access to funds, and most sellers can expect their costs of payments processing to be reduced. We’re also working on ways to provide sellers a central place to track and manage their business, which can soon include payments information.

By offering buyers more choice in how they pay and expanding payment options into more geographies, eBay believes sellers will be able to reach more buyers and improve conversion.

The transition to full payments intermediation will be a multi-year journey. eBay will begin intermediation on a small scale in North America starting in the second half of 2018, expanding in 2019 under the terms of the Operating Agreement with PayPal. In 2021, we expect to have transitioned a majority of Marketplace customers to the new payments experience.

This is a real thing 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/01/31/ebay-in-split-from-paypal-will-start-using-adyen.html

Edited by 90sChild

6 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

What the F****.

Just got this email.

eBay is happy to announce plans to further improve the customer experience by intermediating payments on our Marketplace platform. In doing so, eBay will manage the payments flow, simplifying the end-to-end experience for both buyers and sellers. We have signed an agreement with Adyen, a leading global payments processor, to become our primary payments processing partner. PayPal, a long-time eBay partner, will be a payments option at checkout for eBay buyers.

You do not need to take any action at this time. The transition to full payments intermediation will be a multi-year journey.

Over the past three years, eBay has transformed its business to drive the best choice, most relevance and most powerful selling platform. Building out our payments capabilities is the next step in that strategy.

Payments intermediation will bring significant benefits for eBay sellers. You can expect a simplified pricing structure, more predictable access to funds, and most sellers can expect their costs of payments processing to be reduced. We’re also working on ways to provide sellers a central place to track and manage their business, which can soon include payments information.

By offering buyers more choice in how they pay and expanding payment options into more geographies, eBay believes sellers will be able to reach more buyers and improve conversion.

The transition to full payments intermediation will be a multi-year journey. eBay will begin intermediation on a small scale in North America starting in the second half of 2018, expanding in 2019 under the terms of the Operating Agreement with PayPal. In 2021, we expect to have transitioned a majority of Marketplace customers to the new payments experience.

This is a real thing 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/01/31/ebay-in-split-from-paypal-will-start-using-adyen.html

eBay - Screwing you every which way but loose! :banana: 

Got it too. My favorite is "more predictable access to funds" - As it stands now if someone pays me I see the money right away in my PayPal account and have immediate access to it. Seems another way for eBay to just control the money flow.

26 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
59 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

eBay - Screwing you every which way but loose! :banana: 

How so? Their spin is it creates more ways for people to pay. But, is that really an issue I guess?

I'm just jumping on the negativity bandwagon! :banana:

I don't know what it means! :banana: 

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I'm just jumping on the negativity bandwagon! :banana:

I don't know what it means! :banana: 

Too much jerk juice!

that was before.  Now, maybe.

21 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I've sent the equivalent of a short box to CGC from within  the same State and it was over $100 Fed Ex ground. I think it depends on whether you have an account. I don't have one.

Oh, OK. I used the eBay discount and shipped a long box coast to coast. In this case the seller would have had access to the same discounts when shipping via eBay

19 hours ago, 90sChild said:

What the F****.

Just got this email.

This is a real thing 

I read this and thought that they are trying to phase out PayPal and Adyen will have lower fees than PayPal.

20 hours ago, BeachBum said:

Paypal will still be an option right? So if an ebay seller doesn't ship internationally, and still only uses paypal (which is far more universally-used in the USA), there should be no difference right?

On 1/31/2018 at 9:29 AM, Bird said:

Well, I am home from work (again) today with a sick daughter and lo and behold if ebay didn't give me another 100 free listings. Again, only my account and not my wife's but at least I can do something slightly productive around making her comfortable and cooking.

And I started taping over the barcode! You people are bad influences.

Aaaaaaand another offer of 200 free listings. Again nothing for my wife's account. When the 100 free was expiring the other day I cancelled 10-15 auctions with no watchers that were within a week or ending and immediately relisted them, basically extending them 20 days or so. I thought that it was a good strategy that I had not used before. :idea: So then yesterday I get the offer for 200 more, and I expect to cancel and relist a few more before this offer expires on 2/11. I still have my 50 free waiting for me as well.

On 1/30/2018 at 11:09 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I wanted to check in here about an issue that I am having. I purchased a large lot of comics and paid quite a bit for priority shipping ($80) as it's stated in the auction. The seller shipped the books on the 17th but shipped them via media mail. The last tracking update I show is 1/20. The comics were shipped from New Jersey and I'm in Chicago. I know that media mail for the books was nowhere the amount I paid, and while Priority would have been more than the $80 he had listed it was the price in his auction that I paid, so unfortunately that's the fault of the seller and not me (I've made that mistake before and ate the shipping cost).

I messaged the seller and asked why he shipped media if his auctions states priority to which he replied that it would have been over the amount I paid and that shipping media was about $70 though he does not have the receipt.

I noticed also some of the books in the lot that I won he listed separately and sold some of them after he had shipped the lots. At this point I'm not sure if the books are still in route to me and if they are am I still getting the books I saw in the pictures. 

Should or would you open a case?

If I open a case with eBay will I win the case because the books haven't been delivered or will I lose because the books are still "en route".

Wanted to give an update. I did open a case and EBay sided with me and refunded my money. The seller was upset, claimed that I stole from them etc. I told the seller to request the item be shipped back to them or if it arrived that I would refuse the package etc 

as of today the books still show in route with still no update since 1/20

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

Wanted to give an update. I did open a case and EBay sided with me and refunded my money. The seller was upset, claimed that I stole from them etc. I told the seller to request the item be shipped back to them or if it arrived that I would refuse the package etc 

as of today the books still show in route with still no update since 1/20

This is why I use a separate buying account. I'm afraid a mad seller will seek out retribution if I file a claim and win.