• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

FYI:
I ordered some underwear and they didnt fit.  They were also the wrong color.  I initiated a return, picking as reason 'item wrong size'.  I had to pay for return shipping so I called ebay where i was informed wrong size is considered 'buyer's remorse' so buyer pays for return.  If I had picked 'wrong color', well then seller would have paid.  I said let me understand this-if I order XXXL, and receive small, and want to return, that is considered 'buyer's remorse'?  She said uh yes sir unfortunately-

Good to know.

14 hours ago, kav said:

FYI:
I ordered some underwear and they didnt fit.  They were also the wrong color.  I initiated a return, picking as reason 'item wrong size'.  I had to pay for return shipping so I called ebay where i was informed wrong size is considered 'buyer's remorse' so buyer pays for return.  If I had picked 'wrong color', well then seller would have paid.  I said let me understand this-if I order XXXL, and receive small, and want to return, that is considered 'buyer's remorse'?  She said uh yes sir unfortunately-

Good to know.

For a minute there I thought you were mocking Swami...

I am very frustrated dealing with a return now that I finally have it in hand. Anyway, there is a slit in the bag right above where the damage is. What obviously happened is that when the buyer was disassembling the sanwhich he sliced the bag and comic with his box cutter or whatever and wrecked the book (a $50 frigging book). He claims ignorance as to how this occurred. It is so obvious given the slice in the bag and no corresponding damage to the gemini mailer. Ebay isn't going to do squat for me and I'm out $50 I take it? Personal responsibility folks. You wreck a book when you are unpacking it, don't blame the seller.

Anyway, here is the scan of the back cover right before it was shipped:

s-l1600.jpg

And here is the returned item:

image2019-01-23-171531-1.jpg

Edited by the blob

Question is, do I just contest the return with ebay and explain what clearly happened or confront the buyer? As a seller of pretty decent comics he should be afraid of karma biting him in the rear here. I don't think he is a habitual scammer, he just wants me to pay for his mistake. If you slice through a bag while opening a cardboard sandwich you know you've done it.

Here is my proposed message to him. And dude, if you're a member here, feel free to chime in, and tell me how you didn't wreck the book yourself:

I just got to my mail and looked at the book. I assume you cut the tape on the cardboard sandwhich open with a box cutter or scissor and it went through the bag and tore up the book, there is clearly a slice in the bag right above where the damage is and no damage to the gemini mailer and there was no rip when I shipped. I have shipped thousands of comics in sandwhichs like this and have never been told a book got damaged while opening them, but it is certainly possible as I have damaged bags (but not books, thankfully) opening them. While I understand your frustration with damaging a book while unpacking it, is it fair for me to eat the whole cost here? You sell a bunch of nice books, how would you feel if someone wrecked a nice book while unpacking it and then blamed you and demanded a return and refund?

2 hours ago, the blob said:

I am very frustrated dealing with a return now that I finally have it in hand. Anyway, there is a slit in the bag right above where the damage is. What obviously happened is that when the buyer was disassembling the sanwhich he sliced the bag and comic with his box cutter or whatever and wrecked the book (a $50 frigging book). He claims ignorance as to how this occurred. It is so obvious given the slice in the bag and no corresponding damage to the gemini mailer. Ebay isn't going to do squat for me and I'm out $50 I take it? Personal responsibility folks. You wreck a book when you are unpacking it, don't blame the seller.

s-l1600.jpg

And here is the returned item:

image2019-01-23-171531-1.jpg

:o  Good luck . The worst part about  ebay is they always side with the buyer. 

7 hours ago, the blob said:

Here is my proposed message to him. And dude, if you're a member here, feel free to chime in, and tell me how you didn't wreck the book yourself:

I just got to my mail and looked at the book. I assume you cut the tape on the cardboard sandwhich open with a box cutter or scissor and it went through the bag and tore up the book, there is clearly a slice in the bag right above where the damage is and no damage to the gemini mailer and there was no rip when I shipped. I have shipped thousands of comics in sandwhichs like this and have never been told a book got damaged while opening them, but it is certainly possible as I have damaged bags (but not books, thankfully) opening them. While I understand your frustration with damaging a book while unpacking it, is it fair for me to eat the whole cost here? You sell a bunch of nice books, how would you feel if someone wrecked a nice book while unpacking it and then blamed you and demanded a return and refund?

add his name to blocked user list bruh

On 1/21/2019 at 5:52 PM, manetteska said:

Anyone know more about a "personal link" to eBay which "refunds" your final value fees? I saw it randomly while relisting on the app yesterday.

Maybe I read too quickly.

You can send the link to the person interested in buying it. If a sale is made by clicking the link, than is free of final fee.

I got them too, but you need to know the email of the person interested, you can not send the link via ebay message.

13 hours ago, the blob said:

Who the fork opens a $50 comic package like this? I open my boxes of forking drek $2 comics like the Mona Lisa is in there.

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Who the fork opens a $50 comic package like this? I open my boxes of forking drek $2 comics like the Mona Lisa is in there.

I don't know. This is an experienced comic seller who has good stuff, he should know better.

As an aside, while I like the gemini mailers, the space for the comics is tight so your sandwich (you still need to sandwich, unfortunately) leaves no room on the edges, so the comic is very close to the edge. The pads for the sandwich they sell are very tight, 7 x 11. I cut my own, usually 7.25 X 11.25. But now I need to rewrite all my listings and add warning language apparently because people are dumb. (This guy lives 40 minutes from me in Jersey)

I fold the edges of my tape to make a little pull tab, but if someone's going to use a knife (or sharp blade) to open expensive paper products they should definitely use extreme caution.

You shouldn't have to pay for someone's "oops" moment @the blob. Take pics of the returned item and focus on the damaged bag and book and show it to the eBay rep. Maybe they won't make you eat the cost.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

I don't know. This is an experienced comic seller who has good stuff, he should know better.

As an aside, while I like the gemini mailers, the space for the comics is tight so your sandwich (you still need to sandwich, unfortunately) leaves no room on the edges, so the comic is very close to the edge. The pads for the sandwich they sell are very tight, 7 x 11. I cut my own, usually 7.25 X 11.25. But now I need to rewrite all my listings and add warning language apparently because people are dumb. (This guy lives 40 minutes from me in Jersey)

Does he build massive fire-pits?