• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Impossible Collection? Seriously...

364 posts in this topic

So let me get this straight. Because he has money, his collection is not noteworthy. Nor is the fact he has been collecting since he was 21. Nor is the fact that he is indeed a fan.

Sounds to me like a bunch of very, very salty people who are jealous that the guy has the bank roll to buy the books he wants. Well guess what, he is STILL a collector. so stop degrading another guy because you are jealous that he can afford what you can not.

And also, his father is a billionaire, he will likely become one as well. Do you feel that there is not a lot of work to be done in that individuals life? Do you think maintaining at that level alone does not demand constant dedication?

Seriously, you wouldn't like it if he was talking about you for being poor and only having an X-Men 1 as the center piece of your collection.

Good lord, this is disappointing.

His father was killed 11 years ago. He was the then Prime Minister of Lebanon, killed in a car bomb attack with another 22 individuals.

He inherited some of his father's companies (the tech ones) and continued to run them making his money over that time.

Nice books but collecting comics would be boring if there is no challenge/risk/reward and as a billionaire I'd rather collect supermodels.

With billions in the bank I'm pretty sure the models just show up.

...and with this comic collection they leave quickly.

If I was a billionaire and owned two Action Comics no 1s, I would definitely deslab one of them. :devil:

...then film a video of him burning one to light a pile of money on fire which he lights a cigar from.

Yeah -- I don't get the hate.

Seems like this collection is better than the one Geppi's got on display at his comic museum in Baltimore (as I live in DC, I've been a few times).

Would love to see this, just as I'd love to see Ian Levine's collection, the Dentist's top 20 books or Jon Berk's collection.

So let me get this straight. Because he has money, his collection is not noteworthy. Nor is the fact he has been collecting since he was 21. Nor is the fact that he is indeed a fan.

Sounds to me like a bunch of very, very salty people who are jealous that the guy has the bank roll to buy the books he wants. Well guess what, he is STILL a collector. so stop degrading another guy because you are jealous that he can afford what you can not.

And also, his father is a billionaire, he will likely become one as well. Do you feel that there is not a lot of work to be done in that individuals life? Do you think maintaining at that level alone does not demand constant dedication?

Seriously, you wouldn't like it if he was talking about you for being poor and only having an X-Men 1 as the center piece of your collection.

Yep.

11d9vy.jpg

For every one person happy for your life's accomplishments you can bet there will be at least 10 grinding themselves in to fine sand in jealousy.

You guys are ridiculous.

This thread turned from 'this collection ain't all that' to 'who cares, his daddy was rich' and 'Action 1 ain't all that rare'.

Sour grapes. And is acquiring an Action 1 in 9.0 not "impossible" to most of you? It is to me.

It's not really a bunch of people. Just one sopping vinegary douchehose.

You guys are ridiculous.

This thread turned from 'this collection ain't all that' to 'who cares, his daddy was rich' and 'Action 1 ain't all that rare'.

Sour grapes. And is acquiring an Action 1 in 9.0 not "impossible" to most of you? It is to me.

In a 9.0 definitely, let alone 2 of them...

+1

Christ almighty.

You guys are ridiculous.

It's not really "guys." Just one turbocharged fuel-injected douchepump.