• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Impossible Collection? Seriously...

364 posts in this topic

Damn Lone Star CAK'd up worthless 80's pieces of mess sausage fest.

I'm out.

(Did I hit all the March memes...?)

Have a great week.

Enjoy your Apple Products!!

Damn Lone Star CAK'd up worthless 80's pieces of mess sausage fest.

I'm out.

(Did I hit all the March memes...?)

Have a great week.

Enjoy Your Cottage Cheese for the next 4 Miles!

Damn Lone Star CAK'd up worthless 80's pieces of mess sausage fest.I'm out.(Did I hit all the March memes...?)
Have a great week.
Enjoy Your Cottage Cheese for the next 4 Miles!

via GIPHY

Wonder what the Metro markup was.
Yes, and could/would this affect the time if/when he decides to let them go? I mean, maybe now that we 'know' who owns the top two public traded copies, the years will build a 'mystique' around the copies, something the Nic Cage book already has had, yes,. and it will certainly take another really deep pocketed collector/business to acquire either of these copies, but could now knowing who he is have a 'reverse' affect on the resale outcome?

I read plenty of stories all the time of how 'Celebrity A' , had too take a hit on property they paid XX millions for, but resale bought 'only' X million.

And Nic Cage is a great example of that

I've just skimmed this thread - is there anything of value in it?

So far, all I've learned is:

1) it's impossible to have a adult discussion on the site.

2) It's Too much of a sausage fest.

Other than that:

3) I'm out.

Welcome to the boards. I learned that in 2004.

I only learned that.... Yesterday

Ah. lol

I was wondering why you were thinking of sausage.

I've just skimmed this thread - is there anything of value in it?

So far, all I've learned is:

1) it's impossible to have a adult discussion on the site.

2) It's Too much of a sausage fest.

Other than that:

3) I'm out.

Welcome to the boards. I learned that in 2004.

I only learned that.... Yesterday

Ah. lol

I was wondering why you were thinking of sausage.

It's really a go to for some people.... (shrug)

giphy.gif

Sounds like a pretty awesome collection to me, but I think that's pretty well been covered.

Anyway, where's his complete run of Elfquest?

He sold it off, since it wasn't DC. It was enough to cover the cost of the bubble wrap on a couple of his purchases.

and the packing tape on a good day

Some get more of a buzz out of things than others do. I happen to be quite anhedonic.

Even when I've had a Detective 27, Action 1 or Marvel Comics 1 in front of me, behind glass at a convention or actually handed over to me by its owner, I haven't then had much of a reaction.

I can still recognise an exceptional collection, though.

Some get more of a buzz out of things than others do. I happen to be quite anhedonic.

Even when I've had a Detective 27, Action 1 or Marvel Comics 1 in front of me, behind glass at a convention or actually handed over to me by its owner, I haven't then had much of a reaction.

So what does get your anhedonic motor running....comic-wise?

So what does get your anhedonic motor running....comic-wise?

Actually, nothing much at present.

the article says:

"The comic books are so rare that they cannot be taken out of their special cases or the value will decrease immediately (Impossible Collection)"

actually, when you consider how much he paid per book he's losing money/equity as we speak. No one will buy them back for the amount he paid per book. Often times that's what happens when you play in the deep end of the pool. However based on this guys net worth, I doubt he cares.

Most of the folks who've made astronomical returns on comics either:

1) Have been in the hobby for many years and bought issues for next to nothing

2) Stumbled on a collection/issue from someone unaware as to the value.

3) Buying from individuals who constantly have to have what's in the latest auction and willing to take a financial loss by selling to a dealer in order to upgrade (a great time to buy for a dealer).

4) Someone who's bought well beyond their means; again is willing to take a 50% (or less) FM for immediate cash on hand.

BTW the ROI for old school dealers and current markup these days is absolutely insane.