• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Fantastic Four Appreciation Thread
8 8

1,324 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2021 at 4:58 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

#195-200 Love this Era

Me too. All my copies from 1977 - 1980 are all OO bought off the rack at newsstands and drugstores. :cloud9:

On 8/17/2021 at 5:34 PM, universal soldier said:

Me too. All my copies from 1977 - 1980 are all OO bought off the rack at newsstands and drugstores. :cloud9:

Nice! I was a little later. I had a Marvel subscription to FF starting around issue 207. The other two if I remember correctly were Marvel Two-In-One and Star Wars.

On 8/19/2021 at 12:01 PM, Drummy said:

Love this era as well -- one of my first comics was FF #172 with Perez/Sinnott interiors.  What a way to start.

Some of these books are no joke in 9.8...that #179, for example.  Great run!  Thanks for sharing.

Dan

Thanks Dan. Yeah, that #179 was tough. Both @FlyingDonut and I were looking for one for years - then 2 popped up within weeks of each other. I still need a few 9.8s, but it seems the well is dry for now.

Mike

On 8/22/2021 at 8:22 AM, batmiesta said:

You don't need any do you?O.o

lol Well, I do have them all, but not in 9.8. I still need 5 above #130. And a bunch between 100-130.

I could get a #120 right now, but they want over $7k for it. I guess I'll never have that one.

On 8/22/2021 at 11:57 AM, batmiesta said:

7K ? The greedy :censored: that's  ridiculous, I hope they never sell it, I'm sure one will pop up in a auction you can have a shot at.

There's only three of them.  My old copy, the one with white pages, sold for $3,400 at auction in September, 2020.

Edited by namisgr

On 8/22/2021 at 12:25 PM, namisgr said:

There's only three of them.  My old copy, the one with white pages, sold for $3,400 at auction in September, 2020.

The one for $7850 on eBay now is the one that sold for $6600 in May on Comiclink. I think the person may be overestimating the market.