• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book heist!!!!

85 posts in this topic

Absolute conjecture. The fire started in the comic shop and burned down the couple other businesses.

I tried to find the thread but my search skills suck. I'm pretty sure my post was an attempt at humor, but I don't remember what was said.

I only posted the PM to show the extent insurance companies go thru after a fire like this. I believe in the case of the comic shop, he didn't have coverage for his stock, only for the shop.

I remember the thread because it was the first time I had heard the term-- had to look it up. It was definitely meant to be humorous.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8299000&fpart=1

Here's the thread. I wonder if budsbundy got a PM from Nino?

hm

Did part get scrubbed? I seem to recall mentioning jewish lightning and so does budsbundy.

Bizarre.

It might have... I thought I had a little more participation in that thread than the one post.

Marky Mark

Have you ever been to Macon, GA? Or really anywhere in middle GA? I suspect not (but maybe you have)

Point is, I was not saying collections of That value couldn't exist in BFE, I'm saying that I call BS in a small comic store in middle GA having them.

They may have had JLA 1-8 or BB 28-30 in stock. But worth $250k? Get real.

X-Men 1-10 worth $100k? Please

This stinks so bad I can smell it 4 hours away. Small shops in small towns struggle. Most shops struggle. What better way to make things better than your uber HG collection get stolen and insurance pay out $300k.

I was going to stay the night in Macon on our way back from Florida...I noticed the top 1 attraction was an Indian mound....I decided to drive straight through.

You drove straight through the burial mound???!!!???:o

You are going to have a 5 generation curse on your whole family for desecrating their burial site like that.

In 1979, we drove from NY to Nawlins for the Ali- Leon Spinks rematch. Six young kids who had never been in the deep south, driving an old Con Edison work van. On the way, we detoured to Macon to visit Capricorn Records, home to most Southern Rock bands. We didn't get past the front door. Next we visited the cemetery where Duane and Berry Oakley are buried but didn't find their graves. Then we drove over the Otis Redding bridge and stopped for lunch at a chicken place that seemed like it hadn't had many white folks in it. As we were getting back in the van after a wonderful lunch, a cop car pulled up. Cop rolled up to us, and said- You guys just passing thru? We said yes, Sir and he said- Best be going. Off we went.

Rambo wouldn't have left.

A while back some guy was trying to sell his Ford Ranger for $250,000

Then it mysteriously disappeared :/

Then he tried to make a $250,000 claim against it, and the insurance company offered him a couple thousand dollars. So he went on and on about how custom it was (Said he spent $16,000 on the wheels, which were clearly $500 wheels in the picture) and they upped it to like ten grand. So he called the news so the entire world could ridicule him . I mean, the thing did have kandy paint and a lot of chrome, he probably had 25 grand wrapped up in it, but it was a Ford Ranger. He would have been incredibly lucky to get ten back from that.

http://www.pe.com/articles/truck-645719-farmers-evil.html#ssStory502783

They had it insured with the carrier for $145'000

They made a claim for the amount they had it insured for.

Any updates on that story?

They reached a settlement, it was far less than the dude wanted at first. He bought an early 60's Impala with the payout if I remember correctly, which is quite a trade up from the Ford Ranger.

In 1979, we drove from NY to Nawlins for the Ali- Leon Spinks rematch. Six young kids who had never been in the deep south, driving an old Con Edison work van. On the way, we detoured to Macon to visit Capricorn Records, home to most Southern Rock bands. We didn't get past the front door. Next we visited the cemetery where Duane and Berry Oakley are buried but didn't find their graves. Then we drove over the Otis Redding bridge and stopped for lunch at a chicken place that seemed like it hadn't had many white folks in it. As we were getting back in the van after a wonderful lunch, a cop car pulled up. Cop rolled up to us, and said- You guys just passing thru? We said yes, Sir and he said- Best be going. Off we went.

Rambo wouldn't have left.

Not this town, Rambo had left a big mess in Hope B.C. years ago. People of Hope still remembered him graced their town. lol

So... the other thread just

cat_disappearing.gif

Oh man...you missed it?

ccgmod1 deleted Brittany M.'s thread.

Brittany was all "Hey, wtf?...I put a lot of work into that!"

And Mod1 was all, "Next time do some research...besides...Blowie probably has it saved on his hard drive anyway."

And Brittany was all, "Hey, shut your pie hole...I actually work here."

And then Mod1 gave Brittany a wrist slap...and Brittany threatened to stop doing Ice Bucket Challenges with celebrities.

Then they got in a fight...hair was pulled...clothes were ripped...Gemma had to get the garden hose to separate them...Arch was in the background mumbling something about paradigm shifts.

But then someone said, "Hey...have you seen Ditch's new "reimagined" videos?" And then someone played them and there was awe and laughter and crying...along with some discussion about firing the Madison Ave. Ad Agency. Then everyone hugged, became the best of friends, and consumed pancakes and home-roasted coffee the rest of the day.

True story.

What happened to the other thread?

They had posted a list of all the books that were stolen, and I asked which of them were accounting for the 200K plus reported loss, as I wasn't familiar with the current values of some of the DC titles listed, and I came back to see if anyone had replied, and it was gone.

What happened?

Someone was doing a tally, and it came to about 10% of what they were claiming. Unsure if they were done, but there were quite a few low value moderns on the list. Most of the books mentioned on the news report were not on that list. Something didn't add up.

Yes, things happen, but did anyone go over the posted list of books to see if they came anywhere near 200K+?

I thought people were doubting the $ amount lost