• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book heist!!!!

85 posts in this topic

Marky Mark

Have you ever been to Macon, GA? Or really anywhere in middle GA? I suspect not (but maybe you have)

Point is, I was not saying collections of That value couldn't exist in BFE, I'm saying that I call BS in a small comic store in middle GA having them.

They may have had JLA 1-8 or BB 28-30 in stock. But worth $250k? Get real.

X-Men 1-10 worth $100k? Please

This stinks so bad I can smell it 4 hours away. Small shops in small towns struggle. Most shops struggle. What better way to make things better than your uber HG collection get stolen and insurance pay out $300k.

People in facebook groups are saying its a scam. The owner has 100k in liens on him. The store has moved 10+ times in just over 5 years. Says the owner has a record, warrant for fta, and the liens are public record if you search the owners name.

Just reporting what I read

Marky Mark

Have you ever been to Macon, GA? Or really anywhere in middle GA? I suspect not (but maybe you have)

Point is, I was not saying collections of That value couldn't exist in BFE, I'm saying that I call BS in a small comic store in middle GA having them.

This stinks so bad I can smell it 4 hours away. Small shops in small towns struggle. Most shops struggle. What better way to make things better than your uber HG collection get stolen and insurance pay out $300k.

The two points have nothing to do with each other. Macon, GA could have some serious collectors out there with a lot of awesome books. Even a shop owner could bring in his collection one day to show a customer, leave them overnight one night and get hit and there you go....books are stolen. Anything can happen...

However, the other point about whether the shop had the comics and they add up to the amount reported... That's really the issue at hand. I agreed already and said it doesn't add up because of just the books reported and values seems off.

But being in Macon, GA...or Boise, ID or Carmel, IN...people everywhere can have awesome collections.

That was my point. I'm sure you get that.

+1

:whatev: Not to mention the article says his first JLA 1-8 issues are worth 250K.

Good luck at that in any current existing grade.

I would sooner believe he had a low grade Action 1 that was stolen.

Brock is right to question this.

It's possible the article got the prices wrong.

The store manager says in the video over $200,000 worth so I don't think the article got it wrong but something is fishy based on books we are told are missing.

It looks to me like Comics Plus just closed down one of their locations, according to Yelp, and it also seems to be more of a game store according to reviews.

A strange story that needs many more facts.

It looks to me like Comics Plus just closed down one of their locations, according to Yelp, and it also seems to be more of a game store according to reviews.

A strange story that needs many more facts.

Ouch.

Marky Mark

I was going to stay the night in Macon on our way back from Florida...I noticed the top 1 attraction was an Indian mound....I decided to drive straight through.

Marky Mark

I was going to stay the night in Macon on our way back from Florida...I noticed the top 1 attraction was an Indian mound....I decided to drive straight through.

You missed one hell of a mound! :sumo:

:grin:

In 1979, we drove from NY to Nawlins for the Ali- Leon Spinks rematch. Six young kids who had never been in the deep south, driving an old Con Edison work van. On the way, we detoured to Macon to visit Capricorn Records, home to most Southern Rock bands. We didn't get past the front door. Next we visited the cemetery where Duane and Berry Oakley are buried but didn't find their graves. Then we drove over the Otis Redding bridge and stopped for lunch at a chicken place that seemed like it hadn't had many white folks in it. As we were getting back in the van after a wonderful lunch, a cop car pulled up. Cop rolled up to us, and said- You guys just passing thru? We said yes, Sir and he said- Best be going. Off we went.

In 1979, we drove from NY to Nawlins for the Ali- Leon Spinks rematch. Six young kids who had never been in the deep south, driving an old Con Edison work van. On the way, we detoured to Macon to visit Capricorn Records, home to most Southern Rock bands. We didn't get past the front door. Next we visited the cemetery where Duane and Berry Oakley are buried but didn't find their graves. Then we drove over the Otis Redding bridge and stopped for lunch at a chicken place that seemed like it hadn't had many white folks in it. As we were getting back in the van after a wonderful lunch, a cop car pulled up. Cop rolled up to us, and said- You guys just passing thru? We said yes, Sir and he said- Best be going. Off we went.

That sounds like Macon, Georgia for sure.

Rambo wouldn't have left.