• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World St. Louis 2016

21 posts in this topic

I just got back from this show and while still underwhelming it blew last years show out of the water. Maybe my expectations were just low, though. Talking to some of the comic dealers it seems the booth prices were cheaper and someone (not sure if wizard or an outsource) had contacted them about attending.

I only picked up a couple books as Harley Yee didn't have any of the high grade golden age books I was looking for and he was the only one with gold. There were around 8+ comic dealers in attendance and a sprinkling of comics mixed with other booths. No real big ticket wall books outside of the usual moderns and some bronze. Ended up getting 6 sketches in my sketch book and 3 SS sketches.

All in all this was a solid OK show and attendance was significantly up though I'm not sure if the dealers were overly impressed with sales.

Here is my pick-up of the show(only $20 freakin bucks!) that I got CGC'd:

th_20160403_142523_zpsn9nmfz9c.jpg