• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World St. Louis 2016

21 posts in this topic

Dates are April 1-3. Anyone know of any confirmed comic dealers for the this show? I'll be there, but looking to buy.

I just looked at the list that they have posted online. Harley's the only name that stuck out to me. Other than him, it looks like more of the same from last year: swords, knickknacks, kitchen and bath remodeling, etc.

I thought about popping in for a couple of hours Friday before the Blues/Bruins game, but I probably won't. Just looks like more of the same from last year. I'm spent anyway.

This looks to be the same underwhelming convention as last year and the year prior. With nothing but silence about the other stl convention this looks to be another bad year for the area. I'll be at there Saturday to get my stardust poster signed by cox but I doubt much else will be worth picking up.

I wish they booked Gary Friedrich this year... WW StL is the only comic con I've seen him attend in the past. Maybe next year....

Gary will be at Memphis Comic Expo Oct 22 & 23 and this is a show I will be selling at.

I will be in Dayton at Gem City Con this weekend or I might would have gave WWSTL a try. Maybe next year.

This looks to be the same underwhelming convention as last year and the year prior. With nothing but silence about the other stl convention this looks to be another bad year for the area. I'll be at there Saturday to get my stardust poster signed by cox but I doubt much else will be worth picking up.

The guys who run shows around Chicago/Milwaukee have announced this one for the summer:

http://www.stlouiscomiccon.com

I don't think I'm going to be setting up, but Perez is a nice win, no?

Dates are April 1-3. Anyone know of any confirmed comic dealers for the this show? I'll be there, but looking to buy.

I just looked at the list that they have posted online. Harley's the only name that stuck out to me. Other than him, it looks like more of the same from last year: swords, knickknacks, kitchen and bath remodeling, etc.

I thought about popping in for a couple of hours Friday before the Blues/Bruins game, but I probably won't. Just looks like more of the same from last year. I'm spent anyway.

Where is the list of dealers?

I can't find it anywhere on that mess of a site Wizard World puts out.

The guys who run shows around Chicago/Milwaukee have announced this one for the summer:

That website is not very helpful. Where are the links to see the overall guest list?

I wish they booked Gary Friedrich this year... WW StL is the only comic con I've seen him attend in the past. Maybe next year....

Gary will be at Memphis Comic Expo Oct 22 & 23 and this is a show I will be selling at.

I will be in Dayton at Gem City Con this weekend or I might would have gave WWSTL a try. Maybe next year.

Thank you for the info, that's exciting news!

That website is not very helpful. Where are the links to see the overall guest list?

None of his sites are very helpful.

Here's the guest list page:

http://www.stlouiscomiccon.com/vendors-artists-and-special-guests/

His shows here in Chicago/Milwaukee/Madison are mostly for buying. There is a little cosplay and a guest or two (nobody big) and self-publishing. I'm not sure how different the St. Louis show is going to be.

Looking forward to seeing you again Leroy! Bring some good stuff this time. :lol:

None of his sites are very helpful.

Here's the guest list page:

http://www.stlouiscomiccon.com/vendors-artists-and-special-guests/

His shows here in Chicago/Milwaukee/Madison are mostly for buying. There is a little cosplay and a guest or two (nobody big) and self-publishing. I'm not sure how different the St. Louis show is going to be.

She's apparently a cosplay guest...

raZj4iqVNsv7-SeVO9OxMJ3gg6Aviil8k8asv5mbSKw13x3LaFRQAZH_uau3w5OQHDZkuXqjqDrIeYzSr6-XYDXxQkEjT-EhF99pKoOmYt08kMsdGTVLD2bVCYfT7dQs2Ywt21huHB7bQHbvVPyV4rVSal__7RP4l4qy90CNriY.jpg

Where is the list of dealers?

I can't find it anywhere on that mess of a site Wizard World puts out.

Their site is a headache. Click on the "exhibitors" drop down, then click on "exhibitors, artists, and sponsors".

That'll take you to the "resource center", where towards the bottom, you'll find "interactive floor maps". That'll take you to a page that has in big letters "ST LOUIS 2016". Click there and the floorplan with a complete list of vendors will pop up in expocad.

Of all the shows that Wizard does, this is the one that I'm the most surprised has hung on as long as it has. Year after year it seems that there is literally nothing to recommend spending money to attend this show.

Of all the shows that Wizard does, this is the one that I'm the most surprised has hung on as long as it has. Year after year it seems that there is literally nothing to recommend spending money to attend this show.

I thought the first one was pretty good. Lots of national dealers. The second year was "ok".

Last year was worse than I ever thought any convention could be. By a pretty large margin.

I thought the first one was pretty good. Lots of national dealers. The second year was "ok".

Last year was worse than I ever thought any convention could be. By a pretty large margin.

This seems to be their pattern, see WW Austin for another example. First year was great, second year was pretty good, then a pretty steep drop to the present day of suckiness.