• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE (10/6/17)

60 posts in this topic

Kingsman 2 Titled The Golden Circle; Plot Details Revealed

The upcoming spy action/comedy is being directed by Kingsman helmsmanMatthew Vaughn – once again drawing from a -script that Vaughn co-penned with his writing partner Jane Goldman – and will feature Taron Egerton back as the former street kid-turned elite secret government operative (re: Kingsman), Gary “Eggsy” Unwin.

Mark Strong will also reprise his Kingsman role as senior Kingsman/tech guru Merlin in the Kingsman movie sequel, though Samuel L. Jackson is not coming back as the diabolical tech tycoon Richmond Valentine (for obvious reasons) – and though Millar suggested that Colin Firth’s Harry Hart might return in some form earlier on during the sequel’s development, it currently looks like Firth will not be a part of what we now know will be titled Kingsman: The Golden Circle.

Vaughn also told Empire that he had been hesitant about returning to direct the Kingsman sequel until he had figured out the movie’s “villain plot,” telling Empire “Spy films are only as good as their villains.” The filmmaker also emphasized that while The Golden Circle will feature its fair share of set piece and action sequences, the Kingsman sequel will not attempt to one-up its predecessor’s famous “church massacre” sequence:

“You try not to read what people want, but they do want another church sequence. I have no reason for another massacre to happen. But I have other sequences you’ve never seen before.”

Concept art from the article.

FHQJsM7.jpg

ZeuifG8.png

Keq1I6l.png

Snpojvt.png

GAME OF THRONES Pedro Pascal Joins Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Former Game of Thrones star Pedro Pascal has joined the cast of Kingsman: The Golden Circle, the sequel to 2015's Kingsman: The Secret Service. Pascal played the “The Red Viper,” Oberyn Martell, in Season 4 of HBO’s fantasy drama.

Pascal’s Kingsman character is said to be called Jack Daniels. He joins returning star Taron Egerton and Edward Holcroft. Halle Berry and Julianne Moore are also rumored to be joining the film, and the first poster for the spy sequel suggests Colin Firth may be making a surprise return as well.

pedro-pascal-178089.jpg

First Look At Channing Tatum On Set Of KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Filming is currently underway in London for KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE, and ComingSoon has several photos from the production that provide us with the first look at Channing Tatum's character.

Although it hasn't been officially announced yet who Tatum is playing in Matthew Vaughn's THE SECRET SERVICE sequel, many believe that his character is a member of the Statesman, the American version of the spy organization, however he's certainly dressed like a Kingsman in these set pics.

kingsman-image-5-5-16.jpg

kingsman-image-2-5-16.jpg

Vinnie Jones Joins Kingsman: The Golden Circle

vinnie-jones-kingsman-the-golden-circle-188210.jpg

With Kingsman: Secret Service standing as one of 2014’s biggest hits, 20th Century Fox is set to release the film’s sequel later next year. And, with casting news for the film teasing fans all over the world, it looks like Britain’s very own Vinnie Jones is the newest actor set to star in Kingsman: The Golden Circle.

ZgoOY5l.png

First Photo Of Colin Firth on Kingsman 2 Set

1feqBIG.png

The first photo of Colin Firth on the set of Kingsman 2: The Golden Circle has surfaced online.

Pedro Pascal, who has been added to the cast of the Kingsman sequel, shared a photo of himself and Firth together on his Instagram account. Firth had already been confirmed to return to the franchise which came as a surprise to many following his character's fate in the original film.

:whee:

First Photo Of Colin Firth on Kingsman 2 Set

1feqBIG.png

The first photo of Colin Firth on the set of Kingsman 2: The Golden Circle has surfaced online.

Pedro Pascal, who has been added to the cast of the Kingsman sequel, shared a photo of himself and Firth together on his Instagram account. Firth had already been confirmed to return to the franchise which came as a surprise to many following his character's fate in the original film.

:whee:

OH, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !!!!!

:whee::banana::ohnoez::applause:

Colin Firth Tells Us What He Can About Kingsman 2 And His Unexpected Involvement

mkWWz5x.png

With Colin Firth starring in the upcoming Bridget Jones's Baby, I had the pleasure of talking with him over the phone this morning -- and while most of the conversation was about his latest feature, I saved a Kingsman 2 question for the very end.

"I'm going to do everything I can to creatively deflect your question. It's no secret that I have some involvement with it, but I think it would be a pity to get too specific about what that is. I can tell you, yes, I've been on the set, and there is an extraordinary atmosphere where I think nothing is going to be obvious to anybody. I think Matthew Vaughn's outrageousness and the way he likes to subvert people's expectations, it's very, very much alive. This is not a stretching out of the stuff from the first movie. It's going to be a complete and utter... I'm optimistic that it's going to be extraordinary, and utterly its own thing."

Kingsman: The Golden Circle Release Date Gets Pushed Back

With the recent announcment of the Alien: Covenant release date being pushed up to May 19, 2017, Fox also moved Kingsman: The Golden Circle back a few months to October 6, 2017.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle was originally slated for release as a summer blockbuster on June 16, 2017.

This doesn't necessarily mean that there are any issues with the film itself, just that Fox Studios is positioning itself for big box office numbers depending on what other films are opening that same day.

How Kingsman 2 Will Compare To The Original, According To Taron Egerton

I recently had the opportunity to speak with Taron Egerton about his role in the upcoming animated film, Sing, and the conversation inevitably turned to the return of Eggsy Unwin in Kingsman: The Golden Circle. Although the original Kingsman pretty much blew us all away, it sounds like we haven't seen anything yet. Egerton opened up about the nature of the upcoming sequel and admitted that The Golden Circle will definitely double down on everything that worked so well in the first film; this means more guns, more action, and a much grander scale. In layman's terms: we're getting plenty more of what we loved the first time around.

Taron Egerton's assertion that the film will feature a bigger scale does not necessarily come as an enormous surprise. One look at the film's ensemble will instantly tell you that. In addition to returning performers like Egerton and Mark Strong, the film will also include Julianne Moore as its central villainess, as well as Jeff Bridges, Channing Tatum, Halle Berry, and Pedro Pascal. It has even been reported that Sir Elton John will make an appearance in a mysterious role. In true sequel fashion, this is going to be a star-studded affair that makes the original look small by comparison.

"[Matthew Vaughn] goes even further with it. It's kind of absolutely crazy. Julianne Moore is the villain, and she's genuinely terrifying. She's really, really, really great. So it's bigger, badder, more guns, you know? All that stuff. It's fun."

Taron Egerton Says Kingsman 2 Is Not For The Faint Of Heart

Star Taron Egerton spoke to Collider about the upcoming project, a film that wasn’t guaranteed a sequel unless a fantastic -script warranted one. Luckily for fans that turned out to be the case.

“I remember when we finished the first one I was like, ‘This is a franchise right?’ and [Vaughn] said, ‘Well it depends on the first one. I’m not doing it unless the -script is right.’ And he went away and him and Jane Goldman, his writing partner, wrote a really bloody good -script. That’s always the most important thing; good director, good -script, you’re on your way. It was hard, it was a tough shoot, it always is on that thing, but I think it’s gonna be amazing.”

The original Kingsman was a unique blend of spy thriller and comedy with some heavy violence thrown in, and the sequel will be no different.

“It’s :censored: mental, but it’s what people like and it’s what Matthew is good at. It’s not for the faint of heart, but it’s awesome… It’s bigger and it feels more ambitious, really. There are more characters, the world is explored in more detail. This weird version of reality where these spies exist is kind of explored more. I know Matthew’s announced a lot about the fact that we discover a sister organization based in America called the Statesman. They’re richer than us, they’ve got cool :censored: .”

Great news, and as other have said - the Church Massacre scene was probably the best action sequence for the last 10 years.

If it gets to those heights again, I'll be in the queue for this one!

For those who didn't see it (warning - violence+++ language NSFW)

Taron Egerton Compares Kingsman: The Golden Circle To The Avengers

kingsman-taron-990261.jpg

During an interview with EW, Taron Egerton was asked about the upcoming film. In order to put his excitement into perspective, he compared the two Kingsman films to some other movies everyone knows and loves.

“If the first Kingsman was Captain America,” Egerton said, “then this is very much The Avengers now.”

Egerton elaborated on the claim, explaining that the movie transforms from a simple origin story, into a much greater ensemble piece.

“For the first one, I felt like if I wasn’t really good then it wouldn’t work. This time, the story still unfolds through my eyes but this is still a true ensemble piece. And also, I’ve had a bit more experience. I’m not asking the crew what every piece of camera equipment does.”