• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE (10/6/17)

60 posts in this topic

It sounds like how Fox allowed certain groups to see the first 40 minutes of Logan, they did a shorter viewing (first act) for The Golden Circle. And the reactions are sounding very positive.

Reactions To First Act Of Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Overall Reactions

The footage was so good, it got Steven Weintraub‏ cussing: "Holy sh-t the first act of Kingsman The Golden Circle is awesome. Need to see more asap!!"

Jim Vejvoda commented: "I saw the insane first act of Kingsman: The Golden Circle today. They're being super strict on saying anything but it's damn fun."

Conner Schwerdtfeger‏ compared it to Fox's raunchy, ultra-violent comic book movie: "It's #Deadpool meets classic Bond in the best way possible."

Paul Shirey‏ described the crowd's enthusiastic response: "When the screen cut out after the presentation of the 1st act, everyone in the audience gave an 'Awwwww!' Wish we could’ve seen it all." He added: "There was clapping, cheering & frequent laughter in the audience for #KingsmanTheGoldenCircle footage shown today if that tells you anything."

Grae Drake‏ said: "Oh my gosh. Clips from the next @KingsmanMovie had me nearly on my feet cheering. Gasps & laughs & one 'get it, gurl.' Cannot wait."

High Praise For Julianne Moore

To paraphrase Harry Hart, spy movies are only as good as the villain. And apparently, Moore's Poppy -- a notorious criminal mastermind and global entrepreneur -- is on par with Samuel L. Jackson's billionaire genius, maniacal antagonist Valentine.

Steven Weintraub wrote: "Julianne Moore is the villain of the Kingsman sequel and in first act she demonstrates she's the boss in brutal ways. Loved it."

Eric Vespe‏ tweeted: "Kingsman The Golden Circle starts off very well. Julianne Moore in particular shined as the new bad guy."

Jim Vejvoda commented: "Kingsman 2 has a delightfully vicious villain in Julianne Moore. Her scenes were [brutally] funny."

Conner Schwerdtfeger‏ said: "Julianne Moore is going to own #KingsmanTheGoldenCircle."

Baz Bamigboye playfully warned: "Don't mess with @_juliannemoore in #MatthewVaughn 's @KingsmanMovie 'cause she'll make mincemeat out of you."

Neat Tidbits

Steven Weintraub‏ relayed: "Matthew Vaughn says there are 4 scenes that rival the Church scene from the first film in the Kingsman sequel."

Eric Vespe‏ added: "Vaughn said if the Kingsman are David Niven, the Statesman are Burt Reynolds."

Paul Shirey‏ reported: "Vaughn likened #KingsmanTheGoldenCircle to Empire Strikes Back in the scheme of a trilogy. He’s got it mapped out through a third film."

Grae Drake shared: "We get a little @TaronEgerton and sexy suits ???next and I AM SO EXCITED."