• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to spot restoration....?
17 17

326 posts in this topic

On 11/5/2023 at 4:24 AM, batmiesta said:

Just sorting some books to send off to CGC and thought this MTU #31 was nice, then spotted this under the N, does it look like color touch? No bleed through and the lines are so sharp, I can't make my mind up, so thought I would consult the experts.

20231105_121542.jpg

When you have this kind of question the quickest way to really verify an answer is to just search for the book and look at a few images, especially slabbed images. Doing that for this book shows that, as @ThothAmon suggested, it is a printer defect. I am seeing this on a few 9+ CGC copies all blue label.

On 10/5/2020 at 1:55 PM, J-KComics said:

Everyone's thoughts on this book? I am considering getting this. It has had some light color restoration on the front cover. I can't see it anywhere. Hard to spot. It has also had the pages trimmed. How bad is this going to hurt the grade?

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Unfortunately the way the book is curled it seems to be hiding the most likely area. Can you get a shot deeper into the curve so we can see that price box area on the inner front cover spine area?

Edited by PovertyRow