• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Age of Apocalypse Collection Price

51 posts in this topic

The ones listing 51 books have these books in them:

LEGION QUEST STORY (PRELUDE TO AGE OF APOCALYPSE)

◦X-Factor #109 (Legion Quest Prologue)

◦Uncanny X-Men #320 (Legion Quest Part 1)

◦X-Men #40 (Legion Quest Part 2)

◦Uncanny X-Men #321 (Legion Quest Part 3)

◦X-Men #41 (Legion Quest Part 4)

◦Cable #20 (Legion Quest Epilogue)

◦X-Men Archives #1 (reprints New Mutants #25 - 1st appearance of David Haller)

◦X-Men Archives #2 (reprints New Mutants #26 - 1st appearance of Jemail Karami - the psyche in David Haller's mind)

◦X-Men Archives #3 (reprints New Mutants #27 - 1st appearance of David Haller as Legion)

◦X-Men Archives #4 (reprints New Mutants #28 - End of first Legion story)

◦AGE OF APOCALYPSE

◦X-Men Alpha #1

◦The Amazing X-Men #1

◦The Amazing X-Men #2

◦The Amazing X-Men #3

◦The Amazing X-Men #4

◦The Astonishing X-Men #1

◦The Astonishing X-Men #2

◦The Astonishing X-Men #3

◦The Astonishing X-Men #4

◦Factor X #1

◦Factor X #2

◦Factor X #3

◦Factor X #4

◦Gambit & the X-Ternals #1

◦Gambit & the X-Ternals #2

◦Gambit & the X-Ternals #3

◦Gambit & the X-Ternals #4

◦Generation Next #1

◦Generation Next #2

◦Generation Next #3

◦Generation Next #4

◦Weapon X #1

◦Weapon X #2

◦Weapon X #3

◦Weapon X #4

◦X-Calibre #1

◦X-Calibre #2

◦X-Calibre #3

◦X-Calibre #4

◦X-Man #1

◦X-Man #2

◦X-Man #3

◦X-Man #4

◦X-Men Omega #1

◦X-Men Prime #1

◦X-Universe #1

◦X-Universe #2

◦X-Men Chronicles #1

◦X-Men Chronicles #2

◦The Age of Apocalypse: The Chosen #1

◦X-Men Collector's Preview: Year of the Mutants

Have all these, plus the gold reprints of the 4 issue parts of the series.

Always looking for another set

Thanks for the PM.

:grin:

I will also pay $60 for a complete set NM

I guess it's not as worthless as you first suggested. The set is worth more than each comic individually added together. Individually, the comics by themselves are bargain bin fodder, but as a set is more desirable.

When I first got back into collecting in the early 2000s I actually went back and tried to get all the AoA books. I learned the hard way. I tried to pick up the different issues in subsets and individually. They were cheap, but if you added up all the time, effort, and postage to complete it, you'd know that it's well worth it to buy the entire set all at once. That's why sets and runs are sometimes easier to sell than individual comics (except for keys, of course).

Thanks for the PM.

I guess it's not as worthless as you first suggested. The set is worth more than each comic individually added together. Individually, the comics by themselves are bargain bin fodder, but as a set is more desirable.

When I first got back into collecting in the early 2000s I actually went back and tried to get all the AoA books. I learned the hard way. I tried to pick up the different issues in subsets and individually. They were cheap, but if you added up all the time, effort, and postage to complete it, you'd know that it's well worth it to buy the entire set all at once. That's why sets and runs are sometimes easier to sell than individual comics (except for keys, of course).

This is why I'm trying to collect the individual issues mostly at local places. I did buy a few off a board here but I also got some Maximum Carnage issues in there so that made it well worth it.

Most of the AoA issues I'm getting are in dollar bins at a LSC or at a Half Price Books for less than a dollar an issue typically.

I don't mind spending the time looking for them...that's half the fun!

We sell sets like this all day long at shows. Usually $2 to $3 per book. It's a lot of work for a buyer to try and find every issue and most just want to read the run.

Regarding the original poster's question. 20 cents a book is pretty good. Most of his books are likely $1 bin books. Even the sets that sell for more take a lot of time to build and sell and there's costs in selling and bagging and boarding.

I am trying to sell my comic collection. I have a guy interested, but he says he wants to pay 20 cents a comic, except for my original run of Age of Apocalypse. Those he said he would pay a bit more. Do you have an idea of what my AOA collection might be worth? And is 20 cents a comic a good price?

All of my comics are X-Men related and most are from mid 2000's to 2007.

Thanks

Assuming you have picked out all the hot books then $50 a long box is pretty good (for you) for that time frame especially in a bulk buy.

Thanks for the PM.

This is why I'm trying to collect the individual issues mostly at local places. I did buy a few off a board here but I also got some Maximum Carnage issues in there so that made it well worth it.

Most of the AoA issues I'm getting are in dollar bins at a LSC or at a Half Price Books for less than a dollar an issue typically.

I don't mind spending the time looking for them...that's half the fun!

Knightfall as well. Uncharted.

A lot of minis are worth more than the sum of their parts.

So. No one is selling their collection for $60 when everyone is listing on ebay for $120 and up? :whistle:

I thought you offered to sell yours for a little more than a dollar a book? What happened?

So. No one is selling their collection for $60 when everyone is listing on ebay for $120 and up? :whistle:

I thought you offered to sell yours for a little more than a dollar a book? What happened?

AoA is mid 90's and they aren't worth anything either.

Welcome to the boards

Why post something like this? Either you were talking though your or you now realize that they are worth more as a set than you thought.

AoA is mid 90's and they aren't worth anything either.

Welcome to the boards

Why post something like this? Either you were talking though your or you now realize that they are worth more as a set than you thought.

I've obviously realized I made an out of myself, but I suppose I should clarify that a bit more. Here ya go

I have a question related to this. What if all the issues are 9.6 or 9.8? I have all four of xcalibre, amazing X-Men, weapon X, astonishing X-Men, generation next, x man, gambit and the xternals, the amazing X-Men and factor X in near mint. I just looked through my collection and was surprised by how well preserved they are. All have white pages too.

I also have chronicles 1 and X-men Alpha 1 in perfect shape with white pages.

Sounds crazy, but until last week I haven’t touched them for 25 years. I’m in the process of double bagging and boarding them.

544736A5-0DA9-4135-99FB-251245FC0839.jpeg

96D6465C-778F-4D0E-8A4A-2ED888DA502C.jpeg

D3A99CB6-C3D1-4CC0-8F46-C3A6E1BA5BBB.jpeg

Edited by Curtis Clements

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Maybe add 50 cents per issue.  90s comics are still mainly drek

And that's being generous. Most of these comics are all 9.6 - 9.8. Mass produced and bagged and boarded immediately. The only real books worth holding onto from this 2-3 years of X-Men titles are the first mentions/appearances of Onslaught. None are particularly valuable, but there are some who are loading up on them. 

Maybe hold onto these books for another 5-10 years - there's a chance there will be more nostalgia-driven collectors looking for these. 

10 hours ago, Curtis Clements said:

I have a question related to this. What if all the issues are 9.6 or 9.8? I have all four of xcalibre, amazing X-Men, weapon X, astonishing X-Men, generation next, x man, gambit and the xternals, the amazing X-Men and factor X in near mint. I just looked through my collection and was surprised by how well preserved they are. All have white pages too.

I also have chronicles 1 and X-men Alpha 1 in perfect shape with white pages.

Sounds crazy, but until last week I haven’t touched them for 25 years. I’m in the process of double bagging and boarding them.

544736A5-0DA9-4135-99FB-251245FC0839.jpeg

96D6465C-778F-4D0E-8A4A-2ED888DA502C.jpeg

D3A99CB6-C3D1-4CC0-8F46-C3A6E1BA5BBB.jpeg

They are supposed to have white pages and they are supposed to look like 9.6-9.8. chances are they wouldn't be at cgc, but they should look close. Even though they are from the 90s, they were bought and immediately bagged and boarded in vast quantities. Though a little after the madness and print runs of 1992-1994, not much after, and they were a big event. I bought every one off the rack, unbelievable, yes, as I was a quarter box guy then.

5 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

And that's being generous. Most of these comics are all 9.6 - 9.8. Mass produced and bagged and boarded immediately. The only real books worth holding onto from this 2-3 years of X-Men titles are the first mentions/appearances of Onslaught. None are particularly valuable, but there are some who are loading up on them. 

Maybe hold onto these books for another 5-10 years - there's a chance there will be more nostalgia-driven collectors looking for these. 

I buy these when I see them out of nostalgia because I read, and liked the series (though I really did not like how they just killed off so many non-mutant characters with a waive of the hand..pretty insulting), but skip the excalibur, x-man, and genx series as I am pretty sure those will never go anywhere as nearly every book in either series is always worthless. three x-men titles that sold tons of books in their day, lasted years, were not bad (though i never read excalibur or x-man really), produced virtually no "key" issues, and are seemingly long forgotten. throw x-treme x-men in there too. sorting through my "x-men and related' boxes is such a giant PITA. too many spint off series, too many re-boots. blech.