• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,182 posts in this topic

For the most part, it actually feels like there's 2 Ezra Miller on screen together. The VFX really do fall apart in the 3rd act. Like, I completely forgot that there wasn't 2 Ezra Miller IRL until some PS3-level frames in Act III. The 3rd Act undeniably, and with weak bait, tries to elicit feelings of nostalgia. Some of it makes quite no sense, though. I guess we can just say the F-word and constantly make sexual references to the shorthand "Richard" in PG-13 films, now. There's a bit too much nudity for nudity's sake. Man, the VFX in The Orb were really bad, but at least there I buy it as a 3rd-person experience through time. Some of the polished VFX were definitely top-of-the-genre. Did I mention that the ending make literally no sense? Some of the fight choreography was also top-notch, as in the Snyder realm. Some absolutely clear homages to Snyder shots. Some stuff was copied from MoS, but the redid the VFX (probably for the angles), and it's definitely worse-looking.

TL;DR: There's a lot to like, and also a lot to nitpick and/or outright scratch your head at.

Spoiler

It's pure, unadulterated retardation that they created a scene for Nick Cage's non-existent Superman. The visualization of the multiverse was Grade-A dumb. They showed George Reeves, Chris Reeve, the 80's Supergirl (I LOL'd in the theater), West, Garrick Flash, etc etc etc... FOR WHAT!? Oh, another headless Cavill Superman cameo, this time on a TV. His character's body just gets further away with each headless appearance. George Clooney Batman. Is this what Muschietti is going with for Brave and the Bold!? I just... Why!?

Some frustrations. Serious spoilers.

It’s not going to win any awards and I’m sure boardies will have plenty to dislike or complain about 

but I enjoyed it - it was fun and I laughed at many moments 

it was great to see some stuff but there were some VFX that were bad but I guess that’s the norm now 

i give it 3/5 stars and I’d probably watch it again 

On 6/15/2023 at 10:19 PM, jsilverjanet said:

It’s not going to win any awards and I’m sure boardies will have plenty to dislike or complain about 

it was great to see some stuff but there were some VFX that were bad but I guess that’s the norm now 

Whats the after credits scene? You can PM me. 

If this holds, slightly north of 50% of preview nights of 3 other CBM released this year. #Release the Batgirl!

Warner Bros./DC’s The Flash per box office sources is playing like a deeper universe superhero movie with around $9M in Thursday night previews which began at 3PM.

Edited by paperheart

On 6/15/2023 at 11:19 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Having not seen it yet, but more than a few moviegoers noting this, Muschietti has noted the assumed bad VFX was done purposely to convey Barry's perspective.

“Everything is distorted in terms of lights and textures. We enter this ‘waterworld’ which is basically being in Barry’s POV. It was part of the design so if it looks a little weird to you that was intended.”

I wonder if that will be a creative decision that impacts moviegoer experience WOM points because you have to explain why it looks weird?!

On 6/16/2023 at 5:03 AM, Bosco685 said:

Having not seen it yet, but more than a few moviegoers noting this, Muschietti has noted the assumed bad VFX was done purposely to convey Barry's perspective.

I wonder if that will be a creative decision that impacts moviegoer experience WOM points because you have to explain why it looks weird?!

As I mentioned in the thread, in The Orb I can buy it, but there are other areas of Act III that look really bad compared to the rest of the movie.