• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,182 posts in this topic

On 6/24/2023 at 4:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

It is interesting who we were supposed to see greeting Barry in the end, but WB couldn't pull it off.

Hide contents

That would have been awesome. Or Adam West(unfortunately they would have to use CGI).

On 6/24/2023 at 3:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

It is interesting who we were supposed to see greeting Barry in the end, but WB couldn't pull it off.

Reveal hidden contents

i mighta yelled if that'd happened.  instead, had to tell the g'sons "that's the guy that was in the worst batman movie."

On 6/24/2023 at 8:02 PM, ▫️ said:

I guess he cancels out all the actors involved that didn’t do any of those things.  I mean have you ever read a novel by Charles Dickens?  

I thought Ezra was awful. The scenes where he talks to himself were very annoying and as mentioned earlier got old very quick.

On 6/25/2023 at 5:25 AM, Artboy99 said:

I thought Ezra was awful. The scenes where he talks to himself were very annoying and as mentioned earlier got old very quick.

Agreed.  But thats not my point.

On 6/24/2023 at 4:30 PM, Bill C said:

weird that youre supporting a movie showcasing a criminal that kidnaps kids and beats women.

I was not going to see the movie because of all his controversies...but I looked and he was never convicted for any of that, just trespassing. I don't love him in the role because I grew up with a completely different Barry Allen...I found a lot of the talking to himself in the 2nd role annoying, BUT...he was better than I thought he'd be. 

I liked the rest of the movie enough to ignore my dislike of him. I do hope they replace him with a better Flash.

On 6/24/2023 at 10:25 PM, Artboy99 said:

On 6/24/2023 at 10:31 PM, ▫️ said:

Agreed.  But thats not my point.

I didn't think he was awful. Barry 1 (older) was seeing Barry 2 (younger) as super-carefree because he had his mother and father to do everything for him his entire life. To include associating with similar friends which Barry 1 had no friends in his life because he was so emotionally torn over how cruel life had turned out to be. And having to heavily focus on freeing his father.

So the back-and-forth was a more seasoned Barry having to deal with a different and more self-centered variant of himself. Though I do agree some of the dialogue between them over-emphasized the differences on life.

i liked him in the role much more than i expected to; i even came around on young barry.  the crummy time-travel fx and the hospital babies slo-mo scene that was such a quicksilver ripoff were my only real complaints.  oh, and tho' not an actual complaint, affleck was so good that i wish there had been more of him.

in the dceu series, i rank it third behind mos and ww1.

Edited by Straw-Man

So individuals are posting videos of the entire The Flash movie on social media so as to help it die at the box office and to spite Ezra Miller appearing in it. That's how fanatical people have become now in using anonymous internet identities to perform illegal acts.

flash_movie.JPG.d3d2d508b9119da1e9db18e8c03da037.JPG

And others are thanking the individual for doing this while using video bots to copy the movie.

flash_movie2.JPG.46d18a664675ef155cc20b000febaaf1.JPG

Kind of like coming back from an early screening and purposely posting spoilers online with statements like, "You don't need to see this movie. I suffered for you instead!"

doh!

Per The Wrap, the Ezra Miller-led The Flash fell far below expectations in its second week of screenings, dropping over seventy percent to between $14 million and $16 million compared to its already abysmal $55 million opening. Currently, The Flash sits at number three for the weekend, behind both Disney/Pixar's Elemental and Sony Pictures' Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse. The news was seemingly confirmed as early as Wednesday, June 21, when both other films exceeded the daily gross for The Flash.

Early estimates had projected The Flash would open to somewhere between $70 million and $75 million in its first weekend in theaters. As of Monday, June 19, The Flash had garnered a worldwide box office take of $138 million, barely covering half of the film's $220 million budget.

:butbutbutemoji:
"it tested well" last Summer.

HA! that means nothing and seldom does. Zaslev's cancels everything but pours money into this film! Perhaps he was out committing crimes with Miller? Claw back of $249.9 Million of Zaslev's 250MILLION dollars salary+bonus from 2022 should be permitted. Likely the most overrated CEO in the USA.  The Shareholders now have every right to be out for blood!

Edited by MAR1979