• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiderman 667 dell'otto variant

47 posts in this topic

Seriously what would be a good buy on a 9.6?

9.8 sold on the boards recently think it sold for $5500? I don't remember the price. Some boar die can help me here. Think the seller left money on the table and would have gotten more doing auction style through eBay. IMO

I don't own this book or want this book since it's not my collecting focus. However, seems like there is much more interest in dell Otto these days. So a 9.6 selling for something crazy won't shock me . Crazy market we are in for sure.

Question. Has this book always been in your radar?

I bought it for $5K even from Kuddy. There was some meat left on the bone imo. I think a 9.8 could fetch +$6K on fleabay.

Your offer of $3,500 is in the ballpark, imho. If you can get it for closer to/under $3K that may be better, but it also depends on if you want to keep the book forever (take longer to recoup the possible slight overpayment?) . If you are an ASM collector then maybe having the book is worth paying extra for. I've tried not to do that in getting my fav modern books, but the heart wants what the heart wants lol Good luck buddy!

EDIT:

FYI a boardie sold his 9.6 copy in less than half a day for $3550 a few months back on these boards.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9102620

And un-graded raw 8.0-ish copies have gone for $2500 since then on eBay.

-J.

How'd I miss/forget this? Okay so $3,500 sounds like a solid offer if the seller will go for it (shrug)

Jerome

9.8 sold on the boards recently think it sold for $5500? I don't remember the price. Some boar die can help me here. Think the seller left money on the table and would have gotten more doing auction style through eBay. IMO

I don't own this book or want this book since it's not my collecting focus. However, seems like there is much more interest in dell Otto these days. So a 9.6 selling for something crazy won't shock me . Crazy market we are in for sure.

I bought it for $5K even from Kuddy. There was some meat left on the bone imo. I think a 9.8 could fetch +$6K on fleabay.

Your offer of $3,500 is in the ballpark, imho. If you can get it for closer to/under $3K that may be better, but it also depends on if you want to keep the book forever (take longer to recoup the possible slight overpayment?) . If you are an ASM collector then maybe having the book is worth paying extra for. I've tried not to do that in getting my fav modern books, but the heart wants what the heart wants lol Good luck buddy!

EDIT:

FYI a boardie sold his 9.6 copy in less than half a day for $3550 a few months back on these boards.

-J.

How'd I miss/forget this? Okay so $3,500 sounds like a solid offer if the seller will go for it (shrug)

Jerome

It would take a hell of a lot more than $6k to get me to come up off of one of the handful of graded 9.8's on the census. lol Not that I would ever sell it.

The owner of the 9.6 on ebay similarly knows what he has and is very familiar with the market on the book as well.

-J.

EDIT:

-J.

Jerome

It would take a hell of a lot more than $6k to get me to come up off of one of the handful of graded 9.8's on the census. lol Not that I would ever sell it.

The owner of the 9.6 on ebay similarly knows what he has and is very familiar with the market on the book as well.

-J.

I don't blame you J. Dell Otto is starting to gather a following these days. I feel the same way with my 510 sketch. Not even 6k will make me sell my 9.8. Even it means trading for low grade copy of my silver age grail showcase #4 or af #15. Im crazy like that.

EDIT:

-J.

Jerome

-J.

I don't blame you J. Dell Otto is starting to gather a following these days. I feel the same way with my 510 sketch. Not even 6k will make me sell my 9.8. Even it means trading for low grade copy of my silver age grail showcase #4 or af #15. Im crazy like that.

The way I see it, as significant and valuable as those SA keys are, they can still be had pretty much whenever you want if you have the cash.

That UXM 510 sketch and the 667 (and a couple other moderns like them).... not so much.

-J.

EDIT:

-J.

Jerome

-J.

The way I see it, as significant and valuable as those SA keys are, they can still be had pretty much whenever you want if you have the cash.

That UXM 510 sketch and the 667 (and a couple other moderns like them).... not so much.

-J.

+1. I would trade my ASM 667 9.8 for an AF15 9.6, just throwin' it out there....or I might even settle for paying off my mortgage lol

Jerome

EDIT:

-J.

Jerome

The owner of the 9.6 on ebay similarly knows what he has and is (shrug) very familiar with the market on the book as well.

-J.

-J.

Isn't there a 667 on eBay right now for $7500? Seems like that book is available if you just have the cash too.

Will do. Do you guys think ultimate fallout 4 djudevic variant will keep increasing in value? Why are the Siege 3 and Wolverine1 so valuable?

Yes, I think it has a good chance to keep climbing because Marvel keeps pumping MM as the new spidey from here on out. If there is any hint of a MM Spidey that book will probably skyrocket as if it were a Dell'Otto variant lol

The Siege and Wolvie are both rare (Wolvie more-so) because retailers had to turn in 50 covers of random books to get the wolvie and I think what 20 for the Siege book?

And big congrats on the books man! We'll add you to our 667 owners list!

Jerome

Thx Jerome, appreciate the invite. You have some awesome books. Personally I prefer dell'otto, granov, or Ross over Campbell. However, somebody must like him, his covers are expensive!!!

cheers.gif

Thanks buddy. it's all good, like whatever makes you happy, there's no wrong answer. If my kryptonite wasn't women (and Venom), I'd probably rank JSC lower too lol

Jerome