• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED! Stuff from the Junk Pile Rare, Key & Unusual!

21 posts in this topic

Well, I didn't think I would be doing this for a while but I've been buying up a storm in the past month. I have managed to do quite a bit of upgrading as well as finding a few cool ones. So, here are some real hard to find stuff in mostly lower grades for the poor collectors like me without deep pockets. Prices reflect the current hot market for some of these gems. Have fun!

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $4.50 each for comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking.

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice. I will probably run this through tomorrow evening and get invoices out on Monday or Tuesday.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years.

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go...

Fighting Man Annual 1952 Farrell Publications

A rare annual. One of only 4 Farrell annuals. Full of violent and racist content with a little girl art thrown in.

This is a low grade complete copy with nice color. Has had some water damage. Small piece out of top right corner with discoloration in that area as well. Bottom left corner of spine is chipped. Several small wrinkles, creases and edge tears. Spine is complete but the color is chippy. Glue has dried out toward the center causing some pages to come loose. Most of book is still bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed to light cream. No creases or tears. A fairly solid copy with nice color and gloss. And, one you are not very likely to find again soon...

WAS $160.00 NOW $150.00

fightingmanannual1_zpsnjlgulem.jpg

fightingmanannual2_zpsqjejwwb1.jpg

SOLD!

Ghost Comics #2 1952 Fiction House Publications

Classic issue in this hard to find run. Has awesome good girl art cover. Interior art is superb as well.

A nice, bright, clean solid copy. Top staple has pulled loose from cover. Cover well attached at bottom staple. Has numerous tiny edge tears, light wrinkles and creases. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper is lightly yellowed and supple. Last page has small, neat edge tear otherwise no other tears or creases.

WAS $175.00 NOW $150.00

ghost2a_zps41w42vhp.jpg

ghost2b_zpsjsxnwvtm.jpg

Wisco/Klarer Comic Book 1950 Giveaway

This unusual giveaway features three Marvel/Atlas titles from 1950: Blaze Carson “The Sheriff Shoots it Out”, Tex Taylor “Draw or Die Cowpoke” and Kid Colt “He lived by his Guns”. This copy has all 3 comics un-cut in one regular size comic book.

It has a bit of a neat but jagged tear from top halfway down into the second comic on front cover only. Otherwise a clean, tight copy with no other tears or creases. Yellowed supple paper.

WAS $40.00 NOW $30.00

marvelwestgiveaway1_zpsxnz3e4cb.jpg

marvelwestgiveaway2_zpshypmannx.jpg

marvelwestgiveaway3_zpsy4qduilw.jpg

Authentic Police Cases #8 August 1950 St. John Publications

Classic Matt Baker braless blonde cover. Full of good girl art and violence. I think this is the best cover in the run and always in demand.

A very bright, clean complete copy. Cover is neatly detached from book at both staples. Numerous small wrinkles and light creases. No tears or pieces missing. Inside on the last 4 pages is a light brown stain that does not go into the panels. Interior paper is slightly yellow but very supple. A very presentable copy of one of Baker’s better covers.

WAS $125.00 NOW $100.00

authenticpolicecases8a_zpsk7xbhht2.jpg

authenticpolicases8b_zpspd4n3kim.jpg

authenticpolicases8c_zpscdywnbiv.jpg

authenticpolicases8f_zpsqmisfkqo.jpg

authenticpolicases8d_zpssrj3rqci.jpg

authenticpolicases8e_zpsgzuigvsb.jpg

authenticpolicecases8b_zpsglabbfdk.jpg

Jumbo Comics #165 Dec 1952 Fiction House

Great end of the run issue with a nice horror cover. With this title and it’s sister Publication Ghost. Fiction House was trying to cash in on the horror market. Scarce and hard to find these last issues.

A bright, colorful complete copy. Has a small piece 3/4” x 1/2” out of bottom spine area. A couple of other very tiny chips as well. Cover is lightly wrinkled and wavy. Back cover las a very light waterstain at bottom. Book and centerfold are still bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

WAS $90.00 NOW $75.00

jumbo165a_zpsdj6shdzm.jpg

jumbo165b_zpsll03yci2.jpg

SOLD!

LOT of 3 Shooting Related Giveaway Comics

More Fun with your 22 Rifle Sporting Arms and Ammunition Co. 1950’s 6-1/2” x 9”, 16 pages. Has a tiny bump in top right corner otherwise very nice shape

morefungungiveaway_zpsqxrc039z.jpg

The Gun That Won The West 1956 Winchester Rifle Giveaway. 7” x 10” 20 pages. Cover is neatly split about 3” to 4” top and bottom. A few light creases and a small edge tear in back cover.

winchestergiveaway_zpsvg0yidxy.jpg

The Iron Horse Goes to War Picture story of Railroads and the Civil War. 7” x 10” 16 pages on newsprint. Excellent, un-read copy.

ironhorsegiveaway_zps5pmhwh9w.jpg

$25.00 for all three

Ghost Comics #10 1954 Fiction House Publications

Great, moody Skeleton and Werewolf cover with a hot babe running for her life. Great art inside. Again, a very hot and hard to find title!

Bright, glossy complete copy. Has a small 3/8” x 1/4” chip out of top right corner. Has a 1/4” x 3/4” chip out of top of spine as well. Small “10” in grease pencil next to skeleton’s face. Some very light water staining inside both covers on edge. Back cover has a neat 2-3/4” light corner crease. Covers and centerfold are still bound to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

WAS $125.00 NOW $100.00

ghost10a_zps0indosfj.jpg

ghost10b_zpsbks3uude.jpg

SOLD!

EH #4 June 1954 Charlton Publications

This is the classic Sexual Eunendo cover with a hot babe on the cover. One of the better MAD imators. Always in hot demand.

Bright, solid, complete copy. Cover is neatly split down to the top staple. Average general wear with some wrinkling and slightly discolored in the logo area. No major tears or creases. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Injterior paper is slightly yellowed but supple. First 3 pages have a small edge tear otherwise, no other significant tears or creases.

$45.00

eh4a_zpsadenof0f.jpg

eh4b_zps4cnhiy7p.jpg

SOLD!

Jumbo Comics #166 Feb 1952 Fiction House Publications.

Second to last issue of this long running title. As like the others in the last 7 issues, this has a great horror cover. Features a dead, blindfolded guy with a hangman’s noose and a sexy blonde on a couch staring in horror. Even the cat next to her is scared! Again, very hard to find and in hot demand these days.

A very birght, complete copy. A lot better than the one I just posted. Top staple is popped in the back. Looks like two very tiny 1/2”edge tears were mended long ago with glue? Only visable on inside of front cover. No other tears or creases. Just average reading wear. Cover and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears or creases. Tight copy of a scarce one.

$125.00

jumbo166a_zps74okl6ik.jpg

jumbo166b_zps0vh7q9ss.jpg

Oh Brother! #2 March 1953 Stanhall Publications

A real scarce 5 book series from the folks who brought you The Farmer’s Daughter and GI Jane. Funny, teen age girly art stories. It took me just over 5 years to complete this series.

A clean, bright, tight complete copy. Has a very tiny chip out of bottom right corner. Has a neat 1-1/2” upper right corner crease. Just light, general wear. Book and centerfold bounf well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no pieces missing, or tears.

WAS $40.00 NOW $35.00

ohbrother2a_zpsughtkjsp.jpg

ohbrother2b_zpsyzaoviul.jpg

More Fun with your 22 Rifle Sporting Arms and Ammunition Co. 1950’s 6-1/2” x 9”, 16 pages. Has a tiny bump in top right corner otherwise very nice shape

This book is an Eisner book by his company American Visuals Corp

The Gun That Won The West 1956 Winchester Rifle Giveaway. 7” x 10” 20 pages. Cover is neatly split about 3” to 4” top and bottom. A few light creases and a small edge tear in back cover.

The Iron Horse Goes to War Picture story of Railroads and the Civil War. 7” x 10” 16 pages on newsprint. Excellent, un-read copy.

$25.00 for all three

:takeit:

$25.00 for all three

SOLD to Shrevvy! Thanks for your patronage!

This is the classic Sexual Eunendo cover with a hot babe on the cover. One of the better MAD imators. Always in hot demand.

Bright, solid, complete copy. Cover is neatly split down to the top staple. Average general wear with some wrinkling and slightly discolored in the logo area. No major tears or creases. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Injterior paper is slightly yellowed but supple. First 3 pages have a small edge tear otherwise, no other significant tears or creases.

$45.00

eh4a_zpsadenof0f.jpg

eh4b_zps4cnhiy7p.jpg

$45.00

eh4a_zpsadenof0f.jpg

eh4b_zps4cnhiy7p.jpg

SOLD to rjpg! Thanks for the sale!

$45.00

eh4a_zpsadenof0f.jpg

eh4b_zps4cnhiy7p.jpg

doh!

Nice grab. I am on a hotel internet that sucks. I was trying to post and I'll take it, but kept getting "this page can't be displayed"...

Alrighty, I hear the crickets...

A lot of these are real scarce books but I've lowered most all of them. So if you were on the fence now's your chance.

Or, if you travel in the fast lane and have a spare $50K check out Roy's awsome Cap #1!

I will leave this up today and send out invoices tonight. Thanks to all who looked, lurked and mostly to all who have made a purchase!