• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Montreal comic con 2016, 8 -10 July

38 posts in this topic

I'm planning on getting Neal Adams - if my book gets here in time!

It's a CGC 9.0 and would like to get it signed by him. Does anyone know (sort of repeated question) if they will crack it open - get it signed and then make a new holder with the gold SS label on site or will it have to be sent in?

Thank you!

PS Bob Layton, Francis Manapul (I think recently added), Neal Adams (usual guest), Greg Land are the most familiar appearing at MTLCC - amongst many others.

I'll be the one running around all morning trying to beat Harley to everything and then when I'm done I will meet up with Harley and talk shop for a while.

Hope to see you there. :wishluck:

Jim

Good luck outrunning Harley :devil:

He's sneaky and quick.

Checked into my room...hardwood floors in my room, 20 feet ceiling, 660 feet to the front door of the convention centre and a Mac Desktop in every room to read the boards....any other city in the world this is $500-$700 room, in Montreal its $125 :cloud9:

Jim

So anyone have any luck/interesting finds/good stories coming out of the show? I had the pleasure of bumping into Robert (Crassus) but didn't see anyone else.

Picked up a bunch of great Silver and Bronze books from Walter at Big B and honestly could not find Harley's booth, though I had spent time there at the Ottawa show so hopefully didn't miss out on anything too new...

Also scored a few good deals at this random booth off along a dark wall dealing largely in vintage movie posters. They had about five boxes of mostly drek with many comics unbagged, all for a flat $3 each or 4/$10. Ended up picking up essentially a HG early run of Nova (outside of No. 1) at that price, which for $2.50 (CDN!) a book I figured was a good deal. Similarly, found some pretty $0.20 Supes and Action comics for $2 a pop to fill a run, which was great - I have a soft spot for those Swan/Cardy/Elliot S! Maggin stories from the early '70s. :cloud9:

I actually found the variety of comic dealers and volume of material available at this show to be a step up from past years, and the show itself was simply massive. Big thumbs-up from me overall.

So anyone have any luck/interesting finds/good stories coming out of the show? I had the pleasure of bumping into Robert (Crassus) but didn't see anyone else.

Picked up a bunch of great Silver and Bronze books from Walter at Big B and honestly could not find Harley's booth, though I had spent time there at the Ottawa show so hopefully didn't miss out on anything too new...

Also scored a few good deals at this random booth off along a dark wall dealing largely in vintage movie posters. They had about five boxes of mostly drek with many comics unbagged, all for a flat $3 each or 4/$10. Ended up picking up essentially a HG early run of Nova (outside of No. 1) at that price, which for $2.50 (CDN!) a book I figured was a good deal. Similarly, found some pretty $0.20 Supes and Action comics for $2 a pop to fill a run, which was great - I have a soft spot for those Swan/Cardy/Elliot S! Maggin stories from the early '70s. :cloud9:

I actually found the variety of comic dealers and volume of material available at this show to be a step up from past years, and the show itself was simply massive. Big thumbs-up from me overall.

It took me a while to find Harley's booth as well but I found it and met up with Patrick (Pickycollector) there.

I have to agree with you that there more dealers with books (and with older books) compared to past years - let's hope this continues.

I was there on Saturday from 1:00 to 5:00 and the place was packed.

My only complaint is that everything is so crammed - hopefully they can get a bigger room or make up a better floor plan next year.

It took me a while to find Harley's booth as well but I found it and met up with Patrick (Pickycollector) there.

I have to agree with you that there more dealers with books (and with older books) compared to past years - let's hope this continues.

My only complaint is that everything is so crammed - hopefully they can get a bigger room or make up a better floor plan next year.

We need more US sellers coming next time :sumo:

2 weeks to go and not much hype/talk (shrug)

Sadly the marketing team sees no need to promote the event here. I used to start threads here myself... Some of you should remind the organizers that this board is highly influential. Spending 10 minutes to post a thread about the event could easily result in drawing AT LEAST 10 additional attendees. @ $50+/attendee, it's well worth the 10 minutes spent, don't ya think? hm

Checked into my room...hardwood floors in my room, 20 feet ceiling, 660 feet to the front door of the convention centre and a Mac Desktop in every room to read the boards....any other city in the world this is $500-$700 room, in Montreal its $125 :cloud9:

Jim

Where was this?

I for one was waaaaaay to busy to do or see anything. A very strong buying crowd kept me busy this year at my booth. We met again, but I have a beard now. You were talking to Robert at my booth. (I think that was you... :for you: )

I don't think Harley was on the exhibitor list-I didn't see his name-but he was there tucked away in what he called the "premium area", whatever and wherever that was... (shrug)

My section was spacious. I have no complaints about that. Was is it crammed in most places?

Did we meet? Did you stop by my booth?

Jim

Where was this?

Hotel le Dauphin

Jim

Jim

Where was this?

Hotel le Dauphin

Jim

(thumbs u