• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help: Spider-Man Index?

8 posts in this topic

Hello Friends,

I would love to find a website with a clear index of all issues of any Spider-Man series. I would be interested in seeing the cover, authors, synopsis, enemies, etc.

Any suggestion?

What do you guys think would be the best way to read the first 200 issues of Spider-Man and related series without spending a fortune? Marvel Tales reprints?

For me I need to read it off paper and in colour and if I was starting from scratch I'd go omnibus and marvel masterworks.

If b & w works, go with essentials

If electronic works, check out marvel.com to see what's available, another option is the 40 years CD rom with 1-500 on it in PDF format.

I don't like digital comics and I am like bababooey, I need paper and color. I tried the Omnibus but I sold them after keeping them on the shelves for one year, still wrapped. They are waaaaaay to heavy. Masterworks are a good choice, but unfortunately they are all out of print and have crazy prices.

The Marvel Tales reprints may be a good option and then get low grades after issue 100.

Pete's site here is the most complete cover index of Spider-Man related titles that I know. Doesn't have a lot of the other stuff you mentioned though.

Pete's Awesome Spider-Man Cover Site

I had all the Marvel Tales reprints, but preferred the Marvel Essentials, primarily because I can plow through the Essentials quicker. I also have the Masterworks, but a lot more expensive.

One thing I seem to remember is that both the Essentials and Masterworks took some of the material from the reprints in Marvel Tales and not straight from the originals. Not a lot, and almost non-discernible, but some.

Another option would to get some reader copies of the originals.

Have fun, great runs in there.