• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Everybody Wants Some!!

7 posts in this topic

Saw this yesterday afternoon, a really fun movie that I'm recommending to everyone.

Everybody Wants Some!! is director Richard Linklater's "spiritual sequel" to Dazed and Confused and takes place on the first day of college in the fall of 1980 at a large Texas university. It centers on a freshman baseball player getting to know his new teammates and the uncertainty and adventure of being off on your own for the first time in your life. (Oh, and trying to meet girls, too. Always trying to meet girls...)

Not quite as rambling as Dazed and Confused, but still loose and laid-back, there's alot of entertaining performances, and the entire cast is really great. The humor comes from character situations, as opposed to tossed-off one-liners or slapstick behavior. There are dudes on the team who will certainly remind you of people you know, especially if you played high school or college sports.

The music is also great, alot of songs from the time period ranging from new wave to disco, punk to country. And yes, Van Halen is part of the soundtrack.

I think they may have snuck in a few tunes that hadn't been released yet, but that's no big deal. The 1980 costumes and "artifacts" (KISS pinball machines, Space Invaders arcade games, all the various cars) bring back a fun sense of nostalgia for those of us who were around at that time.

I think this movie is only in limited release, which is kind of a shame. If you have a chance to see it in the theaters, you should check it out. Otherwise, keep an eye peeled for its eventual DVD or streaming release.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everybody_Wants_Some!!_(film)

I was hoping it was somehow a sequel to Better Off Dead.

"Everybody Wants Some!!" was the slogan of the burger joint where Lane Myer was the depressed burger flipper.

great movie, my 2 cents, or 2 dollars!

"Gee, I'm really sorry your mom blew up, Ricky"