• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My wife had to sell my ASM collection off to bail me out of jail!

183 posts in this topic

Ok, here is a question for those with a law degree from Wikipedia University. You are walking down the street, 100% innocent, and the Police pull up and tell you to face wall and about to handcuff you.

Should you resist? Can you?

What if unknown to you a robbery just occurred and its your bad luck that you match the description of suspect. How do you think resisting will turn out? Is being handcuffed by itself an arrest? I will give you a hint.... Not necessarily. I would be careful advocating resisting police.

Ok, here is a question for those with a law degree from Wikipedia University. You are walking down the street, 100% innocent, and the Police pull up and tell you to face wall and about to handcuff you.

What if unknown to you a robbery just occurred and its your bad luck that you match the description of suspect. How do you think resisting will turn out? Is being handcuffed by itself an arrest? I will give you a hint.... Not necessarily. I would be careful advocating resisting police.

you should not

Here's one for you:

You are walking thru the airport and you have drugs in your suitcase. Officers approach you and say hello sir can I look in your luggage?

What do you do?

you should not

Here's one for you:

You are walking thru the airport and you have drugs in your suitcase. Officers approach you and say hello sir can I look in your luggage?

What do you do?

What part of the airport? (There is a HUGE reason why I ask this)

you should not

Here's one for you:

What do you do?

The lobby

Resisting arrest can get you killed. I thought every rational intelligent person had figured that out by adulthood but from the news I can see that is not the case. Not saying its the way it should be but it is what it is and the way its always been.

you should not

Here's one for you:

What do you do?

Kick off my high heels, run down backwards on an escalator, escape, flee to New York only to be arrested 3 days later?

you should not

Here's one for you:

What do you do?

The lobby

Assuming you are referring a US based airport, and "The lobby" refers to the general entrance area before approaching the security check point, you are free to refuse a search of your bag. Mind you, it was phrased as a request and not a lawful command.

Always keep your mouth shut, and call a lawyer, whether you're being cuffed or just brought in for questioning. Shut it.

you should not

Here's one for you:

What do you do?

The lobby

Assuming you are referring a US based airport, and "The lobby" refers to the general entrance area before approaching the security check point, you are free to refuse a search of your bag. Mind you, it was phrased as a request and not a lawful command.

What if you refuse and he says 'where you flying in from today?'

As a lawyer, shut up, let them put the cuffs on you, go to jail and call a defense attorney. It's very easy to "match" someone's description.

Exactly...but, just being stopped and handcuffed doesnt mean your going anywhere. You will still need to be identified by a victim or witness or something. If you resisted though, what good would come from that?

you should not

Here's one for you:

What do you do?

The lobby

Ignore him and keep walking. At no point has he detained you, as such it's as if some guy in a shirt was asking questions.

you should not

Here's one for you:

What do you do?

The lobby

Why would you be in the lobby if you just flew in from somewhere?

As a lawyer, shut up, let them put the cuffs on you, go to jail and call a defense attorney. It's very easy to "match" someone's description.

Exactly...but, just being stopped and handcuffed doesnt mean your going anywhere. You will still need to be identified by a victim or witness or something. If you resisted though, what good would come from that?

How long am I being handcuffed for in the scenario? If its longer than maybe 20 minutes, which I think many would consider a long amount of time I would ask the following. I then ask if I'm under arrest, and if am free to go, where they respond "No" to both questions wouldn't that be considered unlawful detainment, and against my constitutional rights?

you should not

Here's one for you:

What do you do?

The lobby

Ignore him and keep walking. At no point has he detained you, as such it's as if some guy in a shirt was asking questions.

Yep. I watched an episode of Cops where they were doing random airport sweeps. They came up to some guy and asked him if that was his bag. He panicked and said no. They said well we're gonna search it then. Then he said yes its my bag. Now they have PC. I asked my buddy a lawyer what he should have done he said ignore the cops, pick up his bag and walk away.

you should not

Here's one for you:

What do you do?

The lobby

Why would you be in the lobby if you just flew in from somewhere?

Because you are going to your car and they don't let you walk from the runway to the parking lot.