• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 3/7/2022 at 1:24 PM, Bosco685 said:

Just noting you referencing him is concerning in itself

:baiting:

just pertend its someone else talking-all his points are valid including 'this movie hates Batman'.

Since Joker and Riddler are so popular DC missed opportunities for other great Batman villains like the comedian, the mime, the balloon twister and Mr Limerick.

On 3/7/2022 at 4:30 PM, kav said:

just pertend its someone else talking-all his points are valid including 'this movie hates Batman'.

“This movie is a million hours long…” 

ok that was pretty funny lol 

Although I don’t entirely agree with his assessment he does bring up some valid points.  I still like the movie a lot tho. 

On 3/7/2022 at 4:30 PM, kav said:

Come on now.

How he starts out noting Robert Pattinson is given nothing to do in this movie: NOTHING TO DO. That already sends warning signs he is not being fair to the film. No matter how much he disliked it (which is okay if this didn't work someone IF they at least came in wanting to try it out).

On 3/7/2022 at 2:13 PM, Bosco685 said:

Come on now.

How he starts out noting Robert Pattinson is given nothing to do in this movie: NOTHING TO DO. That already sends warning signs he is not being fair to the film. No matter how much he disliked it (which is okay if this didn't work someone IF they at least came in wanting to try it out).

what about the part where he says batman decides fighting criminals doesnt do anything and instead decides to attack downtown/lead a march or whatever?

On 3/7/2022 at 5:15 PM, kav said:

what about the part where he says batman decides fighting criminals doesnt do anything and instead decides to attack downtown/lead a march or whatever?

Even when he calls out Matt Reeves not knowing the Batman character - I don't mind someone conveying this doesn't fit their image of the character. Matt Reeves has clearly conveyed he is fanatical over the Batman world. Including in long interviews quoting the material and specific stories that you can tell he is immersed in.

At least be fair with a review versus implying the movie creator doesn't understand the character.

On 3/7/2022 at 2:20 PM, Bosco685 said:

Even when he calls out Matt Reeves not knowing the Batman character - I don't mind someone conveying this doesn't fit their image of the character. Matt Reeves has clearly conveyed he is fanatical over the Batman world. Including in long interviews quoting the material and specific stories that you can tell he is immersed in.

At least be fair with a review versus implying the movie creator doesn't understand the character.

well why does batman stop fighting criminals and lead a march then?  I dont see that as the spirit of batman from the comics.

On 3/7/2022 at 2:27 PM, Bosco685 said:

What are you talking about?

thats what he said in the review.  does batman decide fighting criminals is useless and lead march in the movie?

On 3/7/2022 at 5:29 PM, kav said:

thats what he said in the review.  does batman decide fighting criminals is useless and lead march in the movie?

NO!

Let's move this to the spoilers thread and allow others to be surprised when they see this film.

On 3/7/2022 at 2:31 PM, Bosco685 said:

NO!

Let's move this to the spoilers thread and allow others to be surprised when they see this film.

his review sucks!!! :pullhair:

On 3/7/2022 at 5:41 PM, kav said:

his review sucks!!! :pullhair:

It's not even accurate what he posted.

I just rewatched his description again. He totally passes over what Batman does before saving all those people (please see the SPOILERS thread). And he inserts a whole bunch of political references while describing the movie he believes he saw.

doh!

On 3/7/2022 at 5:43 PM, Bosco685 said:

It's not even accurate what he posted.

I just rewatched his description again. He totally passes over what Batman does before saving all those people (please see the SPOILERS thread). And he inserts a whole bunch of political references while describing the movie he believes he saw.

doh!

He’s a dope.  

I haven't stopped thinking about The Batman (2022) since I saw it last night. hm

This really is the first Batman movie where after the movie was over I was thinking about Batman instead of the villains.  I felt like I was in the comic book pages nervous of what was going to happen next.  I could feel the dark tone, the angst, and the vibe of what a real Batman post Neal Adams, Frank Miller, Jeph Loeb truly feels like to me as a kid in the late 80/90's.  Growing up with the first Batman comics I ever read being Death in the Family, Killing Joke, Dark Knight, and the then current Jim Aparo art take on the character always had me thinking Batman was so close to cracking himself to the other side in which he was fighting against.  I thought I was spoiled after the Nolan trilogy, but seriously its really only because of Health Ledger I am not saying The Batman (2022) is the best Batman movie I have ever seen!  It's knocking on my top list as #2 trying to push me to put it #1! 

After seeing it for a second time I just might rate this movie 4.9 out of 5 instead of 4.5.

On 3/7/2022 at 3:26 PM, Bosco685 said:

Go watch how brilliant his review of The Batman is.

Especially his summary of what happens in the end.

Definitely not his wheelhouse.  Thats the last time I go to ben shapiro for my movie reviews!!  :pullhair:

On 3/7/2022 at 6:46 PM, kav said:

Definitely not his wheelhouse.  Thats the last time I go to ben shapiro for my movie reviews!!  :pullhair:

It happens. :cheers:

I used to watch Grace Randolph videos because I was convinced she understood movies. Then I realized later how much bias goes into her reviews. To include once she was pissed off at Jessica Chastain for correcting her on a movie reference anything that actress is in now Grace trashes.

:facepalm:

On 3/7/2022 at 4:25 PM, Bosco685 said:

It happens. :cheers:

I used to watch Grace Randolph videos because I was convinced she understood movies. Then I realized later how much bias goes into her reviews. To include once she was pissed off at Jessica Chastain for correcting her on a movie reference anything that actress is in now Grace trashes.

:facepalm:

I see lots of bias and not understanding how movies work in rotten potatoes reviews by expert reviewers.