• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

I'd rank the live action, solo Batman movies at:

1. Batman Begins
  2. The Dark Knight
  3. Batman Returns
  4. Batman (1989)
  5. The Dark Knight Rises
  6. Batman: the Movie
  7. The Batman
  8. Batman Forever
  9. Batman and Robin

On 3/8/2022 at 1:22 PM, kimik said:

If Reeves is a Batman fan then he must not be reading the same Batman that the rest of us have been since the 1970 revamp. He does not understand the character based on this movie. It is one thing to quote what your PR staff tells you for interviews that give you the questions in advance. It is another to actually show it with the film you direct.

Don't mean any slight ..I'm sincerely interested why u feel Reeves didn't get the character. In terms of his actions , motivations ? I was not going gaga over the movie like I did for the Nolan films but I did appreciate this fresh take of a younger Bats growing into his role. Seeing it thru that lens helped me appreciate what the director was trying to achieve. Thought the climax was a real let down , this was Batman, albeit a noob who didn't understand the power of Bruce Wayne vis a vis the Batman. 

If you guys ever saw a Batman movie the way he should be played you would immediately go back and say all the other Batman movies suck.  The character has never been played right and likewise the dumb plots.  Your minds would be blown.

On 3/8/2022 at 7:49 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

As long as Pattinson's character grows a personality, IDC if he's Batman until 2030. In fact, that is likely to happen.

Zack Snyder is a visionary director of comic book movies, though, and it will suck if he does not direct another CBM. He's a better fit for DC properties, but Marvel would be smart to give him a Hulk project if/when all of the distribution rights settle.

Zack Snyder is capable of swiping panels from comic books and turning them into shots on the big screen and that is the only thing of which he is capable. He isn't a visionary, he just takes other people's visions and transfers them to a different medium.    

On 3/8/2022 at 2:15 PM, kav said:

If you guys ever saw a Batman movie the way he should be played you would immediately go back and say all the other Batman movies suck.  The character has never been played right and likewise the dumb plots.  Your minds would be blown.

1943 GIF - Find on GIFER

On 3/8/2022 at 3:03 PM, darkstar said:

Zack Snyder is capable of swiping panels from comic books and turning them into shots on the big screen and that is the only thing of which he is capable. He isn't a visionary, he just takes other people's visions and transfers them to a different medium.    

That's actually not accurate. But it is your opinion, and you are entitled to it.

Why do you think so many of his cast members talk so highly of him even long after he has finished a film with them - because they just want to suck up to Snyder? Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ben Affleck and Ezra Miller sure don't need that at this stage in their careers.

Even with 'just taking someone's visions and interpreting them' go watch 300 and Watchmen again. How easy do you think it was to make all that come together? You make it sound like the director and visual effects director stood there with comic book panels and shouted, "Okay everyone - stand just like these panels!"

On 3/8/2022 at 3:39 PM, Bosco685 said:

That's actually not accurate. 

It absolutely is accurate. His only good movie is Dawn of the Dead. 

Why do you think so many of his cast members talk so highly of him even long after he has finished a film with them - because they just want to suck up to Snyder? Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ben Affleck and Ezra Miller sure don't need that at this stage in their careers.

Artists are generally up their own, and their contemporaries', asses all the time. Outside of Affleck have any of those actors even been in a great movie? Or even a good one? And Ezra Miller is effectively a nobody. 

Even with 'just taking someone's visions and interpreting them' go watch 300 and Watchmen again. How easy do you think it was to make all that come together? You make it sound like the director and visual effects director stood there with comic book panels and shouted, "Okay everyone - stand just like these panels!"

No need to watch 300 again. There was never any reason to watch it in the first place outside of the visual effects, which not surprisingly now look terrible. Watchmen? You can turn it off after the opening credits. And yeah that is pretty much exactly what Snyder does, he shoots panels from comics after storyboarding a scene. And what is really odd in regards to lifting material from comics is how he doesn't understand the concept of color at all. I'm guessing the issues of Superman he looked at when making Man of Steel were all sun faded, because that film is totally washed out of color. 

On 3/8/2022 at 7:28 PM, darkstar said:

It absolutely is accurate. His only good movie is Dawn of the Dead. 

Artists are generally up their own, and their contemporaries', asses all the time. Outside of Affleck have any of those actors even been in a great movie? Or even a good one? And Ezra Miller is effectively a nobody. 

No need to watch 300 again. There was never any reason to watch it in the first place outside of the visual effects, which not surprisingly now look terrible. Watchmen? You can turn it off after the opening credits. And yeah that is pretty much exactly what Snyder does, he shoots panels from comics after storyboarding a scene. And what is really odd in regards to lifting material from comics is how he doesn't understand the concept of color at all. I'm guessing the issues of Superman he looked at when making Man of Steel were all sun faded, because that film is totally washed out of color. 

That's an interesting statement. Nonsensical. But a statement nonetheless.

That's why all the studio heads that turned it down brought up 300 as a missed opportunity they still regret. Because it should have never been made?

Okay.

Edited by Bosco685

On 3/8/2022 at 7:04 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I wouldn't say that Reeves doesn't understand Batman, but I would say that he doesn't fully understand the necessary dichotomy of Batman and Bruce Wayne. I think that people who are into Batman for more than aesthetics are the ones not fully satisfied by this movie, and that includes myself.

Batman is my favourite fictional character and it's the one comic I will keep following my whole life. And I, personally, never cared for the idea of dichotomy since I don't think it's really there. The Bruce Wayne mask he puts on to the public is no different to the Matches Malone one on terms of representing him. Bruce Wayne and Batman are one and the same.

On 3/8/2022 at 7:38 PM, ▫️ said:

😂 Why are you mad this is doing well? Did you make more bad predictions earlier?

Yeah.  I thought it would make way more.  Especially since it opened against zero competition, and the #2 movie being out for nearly a month.  

-J.

On 3/9/2022 at 8:13 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Yeah.  I thought it would make way more.  Especially since it opened against zero competition, and the #2 movie being out for nearly a month.  

-J.

I’m sorry this has affected you somehow. Did you watch it yet? Maybe enjoying a movie has more value than its box office performance.

Edited by ▫️