• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 3/16/2022 at 2:48 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I dislike The Riddler's costume more every time I see it.

I haven’t seen the movie yet but I’m not sure where they could have gone with it. It’s inspiration is the Zodiac Killer so its very rooted in real world evil. Or maybe something more faithful?

C79D0562-5205-4DB1-BE6B-5DC79150F1B6.jpeg

On 3/16/2022 at 1:03 PM, ▫️ said:

I haven’t seen the movie yet but I’m not sure where they could have gone with it. It’s inspiration is the Zodiac Killer so its very rooted in real world evil. Or maybe something more faithful?

C79D0562-5205-4DB1-BE6B-5DC79150F1B6.jpeg

Something that looked like The Riddler would have sufficed, for me. The ripoff of real-world killers just doesn't work for me. I want comic book characters to resemble the source material to a certain degree.

Per THR, right when Chinese box offices had started to open their doors to more Hollywood films, a COVID outbreak and the closures of 30% of Chinese cinemas has massively impacted prospects. The Batman was originally projected to take in between $25 million and $30 million in its initial release on Friday, March 18, but those numbers have fallen to somewhere between $15 million and $20 million. However, those predictions are especially shaky given the escalating situation in many of China's population centers.

What timing :ohnoez:

On 3/16/2022 at 4:25 PM, Bosco685 said:

What timing :ohnoez:

that's too bad. Was really hoping to see how much of a boost it would get from China. Weekday numbers are still strong though, looks like its aiming for 400M domestic. Usually this only works with films that have repeat viewings and I did not think that would happen for a 3 hour movie. But people (including myself and others here) are indeed seeing it multiple times. 

Edited by William-James88