• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone make mylars...

44 posts in this topic

Why the heck would anyone want a Mylar for their slab?

while at the CGC booth this year at the Wonder Con, submitters had their comics bagged and boardedm then slipped in a mylar sleeve. foreheadslap.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif WTF!?! screwy.gif

Harley Yee does that. confused-smiley-013.gif

while at the CGC booth this year at the Wonder Con, submitters had their comics bagged and boardedm then slipped in a mylar sleeve. foreheadslap.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif WTF!?! screwy.gif

Harley Yee does that. confused-smiley-013.gif

I do that with any comics i get that come tightly bagged. I still stick them in a mylar. Dunno why.....heck i need all the mylars i can get. I'm always running out 27_laughing.gif

while at the CGC booth this year at the Wonder Con, submitters had their comics bagged and boarded then slipped in a mylar sleeve. foreheadslap.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif WTF!?! screwy.gif

That's what several board members here once told me to do. That's overkill if you ask me.

while at the CGC booth this year at the Wonder Con, submitters had their comics bagged and boarded then slipped in a mylar sleeve. foreheadslap.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif WTF!?! screwy.gif

That's what several board members here once told me to do. That's overkill if you ask me.

So then it makes sense for you to have a bag/board that will degrade your comic contained within a mylar?

it's not that, it's just that mylars are WAY better archival than any poly bag will ever be. foreheadslap.gif you have to change your ploy bags about every 5 years, you never have to change your mylars. screwy.gif

thumbsup2.gif I'm using mylars for everything, as I've weeded out most of my low-midgrade material...

So then it makes sense for you to have a bag/board that will degrade your comic contained within a mylar?

What? confused-smiley-013.gif

What? confused-smiley-013.gif

When you place your comic into a poly bag/board and then place those into a mylar. gossip.gif

Okay, so it might also seal in gases which will deteriorate the comic, but hey, why nitpick.

thumbsup2.gif

Would not the inner well, two sheets of Mylar sealed on all four sides, do the same thing? confused-smiley-013.gif

Man SS - even my 1280 x 1024 17" lcd flat panel has to scroll that image. Learn to size man. Learn to size. frown.gif

C'mon Pov have I ever let you down before. tongue.gif My scanner seems to have a mind of its own when I scan something that is bigger than the actual scanning surface. sorry.gif

C'mon Pov have I ever let you down before.

Well is all fixed now but MAN, SS! I was thinking to myself "I just bought this 17" flat panel and now I need a 19"???"

grin.gif

Seems you read the spirit right! Hope so! grin.gif You be an old one - you not be needing correction - unless you post another scan like that then I will be a can of WhoopPov! grin.gifhi.gif