• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you have a 9.9 or better book in your collection?

89 posts in this topic

Never had a 9.9 or 10.0 from a sub but bought the first ever Miracleman to achieve 9.9 for about $400 from Torpedo Comics back in 2008 (a bargain)

long since sold (I think for about $1000) but I recall staring a length at its flawlessness.... :cloud9:

101783-1-xl.jpg

After that sweeping declaration, he then walked away.....he didn't even buy any other books.Just straight up told him that bit of news and walked away.

I would have bought some books from him (or some beers for him). (:

Here is my post. Maybe not as impressive as the others, but Detective 27 is my only 9.9. How it was handled by my facilitator, and 6 other people (including cover artist Tony Daniel), and got an impressive 9.9 from CGC is beyond me.

25882904704_3d1dcafbd6_b.jpg

After that sweeping declaration, he then walked away.....he didn't even buy any other books.Just straight up told him that bit of news and walked away.

I would have bought some books from him (or some beers for him). (:

Here is my post. Maybe not as impressive as the others, but Detective 27 is my only 9.9. How it was handled by my facilitator, and 6 other people (including cover artist Tony Daniel), and got an impressive 9.9 from CGC is beyond me.

25882904704_3d1dcafbd6_b.jpg

Did you follow the window bagging thread in the signature forum?

Excellent book :applause:

I have the newer Rocketeer series locked down..

14904f.jpg

14948f.jpg

14950f.jpg

14952f.jpg

15751f.jpg

Wow. Looks like I have a new book to add to my Need List!

For real though, that book, that cover, and that Grade are beautiful.

:cloud9:

I have no 9.9's but I have something better....

A friend of mine sold a raw copy of X-Men # 141 at a show this past year for something like $150 or $200, off his wall to a customer.

He told me that the guy he sold the book to, a few months later, walked up to his booth at a show and told him that he subbed it to CGC.

The guy then told my friend CGC gave it a 9.9 Blue Label.

That is like giving away a new car....only 1 sale of that book in GPA in 9.9, from a few years before DOFP became a movie.

It is easily a $10,000 book.

hmhmmeh

I am calling baloney on this whole story.

Baloney on the guy submitting an X-Men 141 and getting a 9.9 last year. It didn't happen. You can check the census. One 9.9 back in 2009. Either the dealer/seller is a dolt and can't check the CGC census, or the buyer is a dolt who can't read numbers on the label. Baloney. Flummadiddle. What a load of malarkey.

Baloney on the book being easily a $10,000 book. It might be a $10,000 book, but since the one and only went for $11,950 back in 2009 the second issue might not go that high especially since high-grade copies of that issue have dropped since 2009. Baloney

Baloney on the notion that if a buyer buys a book and is somehow awarded a higher grade than the buyer and seller expected that the buyer somehow owes the seller some compensation. I mean $150 to $200 for a raw 141 is full boat price for a Mint (9.8) copy. CGC 9.8s sell for $273. Assuming the story to be true, which it isn't, the CGC grade is within one grade of what the book sold for. Baloney

Did I mention that I think that the story is baloney?

I have the newer Rocketeer series locked down..

14904f.jpg

14948f.jpg

14950f.jpg

14952f.jpg

15751f.jpg

Wow. Looks like I have a new book to add to my Need List!

For real though, that book, that cover, and that Grade are beautiful.

:cloud9:

I have this in in a 9.9. No point in showing it now. :D I really like the cover too!

Never had a 9.9 or 10.0 from a sub but bought the first ever Miracleman to achieve 9.9 for about $400 from Torpedo Comics back in 2008 (a bargain)

long since sold (I think for about $1000) but I recall staring a length at its flawlessness.... :cloud9:

101783-1-xl.jpg

It's a really nice comic and I nearly bought it from you but couldn't afford it at the time :(

I have a CGC 10.0 Gem Mint Crossed +100 Signed by Alan Moore, which is my top CGC graded comic. Not fantastically valuable but a nice comic to own (must get a photo).

I have so many.... but the self submissions that I can recall and still own:

Darkhawk #2 CGC 9.9

Deathmate Advanced Comics Previews 10.0

Eternal Warrior #1 CGC 9.9 (1992)

Ghost Rider #15 CGC 9.9 (1991)

Rai #7 CGC 9.9 (1992)

XO Manowar #8 CGC 9.9 (1992)

Star Wars: Vader's Quest #1 gold 10.0

Sold off many more over the years just to fund some of my 9.8 runs.