• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,137 posts in this topic

I'd love to see the Unknown Soldier back too, but after two different abortive attempts, I doubt they ever will.

Too bad... but at least we have the Showcase compilations!

The Showcase Unknown Soldier!!! I thoroughly enjoyed that book! (thumbs u

Andy

Finished (I think I got them all) my bronze Brave and the Bold/DC War set. Included a couple of the earlier silver Rock appearances for the hell of it. They're all pretty decent examples of the books with some Rosa books in there as well. I doubt I will upgrade any of them.

BATB_52_F.jpg

BATB_84_F.jpg

BATB_96_F.jpg

BATB_108_F.jpg

BATB_117_F.jpg

BATB_124_F.jpg

BATB_146_F.jpg

BATB_162_F.jpg

BATB_167_F.jpg

Thanks guys. I am also doing some of the other special and team up books with a war theme as well. Doing sets like the BATB is easier than my SSWS Registry set and gives me something I can at least finish.

Finished (I think I got them all) my bronze Brave and the Bold/DC War set.

BATB_124_F.jpg

Nice set of books! (thumbs u

Bonds, you have good taste. That is my favorite cover of the ones I posted (going up against Kubert, Adams, and Cardy no less) and the one that started me collecting all the war themed bronze BATBs. It's probably the toughest to find in HG of all the bronze issues in that mini-set. The 124 CGC 9.8 is a Ewert book and I bought the CGC 8.0 in 2005 only to find that it had production tears all along the back cover. Other than that, there is only one more 9.6 and a single 9.4.

Finished (I think I got them all) my bronze Brave and the Bold/DC War set. Included a couple of the earlier silver Rock appearances for the hell of it. They're all pretty decent examples of the books with some Rosa books in there as well. I doubt I will upgrade any of them.

BATB_52_F.jpg

BATB_84_F.jpg

BATB_96_F.jpg

BATB_108_F.jpg

BATB_117_F.jpg

BATB_124_F.jpg

BATB_146_F.jpg

BATB_162_F.jpg

BATB_167_F.jpg

Great set of books. I'm green with envy! I don't have one slabbed copy of any of those, but I believe I'm okay in the raw dept.

By the way, nice avatar, Chocolate Rain.

Finished (I think I got them all) my bronze Brave and the Bold/DC War set.

BATB_124_F.jpg

Nice set of books! (thumbs u

Bonds, you have good taste. That is my favorite cover of the ones I posted (going up against Kubert, Adams, and Cardy no less) and the one that started me collecting all the war themed bronze BATBs. It's probably the toughest to find in HG of all the bronze issues in that mini-set. The 124 CGC 9.8 is a Ewert book and I bought the CGC 8.0 in 2005 only to find that it had production tears all along the back cover. Other than that, there is only one more 9.6 and a single 9.4.

That is a cool cover and I think I've only seen it a few other times but not

in that nice of shape.

Those are all sweet books you posted. :cloud9:

Thanks for sharing. (worship)

Beautiful books as always Shep! :applause: Love the story in # 248, not to mention Mr. Heath's atwork

I'm happy to see something happening in this thread!

Hopefully, I'll have something to add after the Nashville show next weekend (thumbs u

I also just picked up raw NM copies of Our Army at War #252 and #225 (Mass. copy).... I've had bi-atch of a time upgrading on both of them. I'll try and post scans soon.

Good luck in Nashville!

Thanks Shep, Dale Roberts tells me he's bring quite a few G.I.Cs :grin:

I look forward to seeing that 225, a very cool cover and a Stevens story to boot, nice pick up!

oaaw248.jpg

oaaw278.jpg

Sweet comics, Shep! (thumbs u Bronze age books have never been high up on my want list, but the more I look at them, the more I wish they were. There are so many beautiful bronze age war books that I have that are in dire need of upgrading. One day, perhaps.... :juggle:

Andy

Andy,

With the attention over on the Silver Age war books, now is not a bad time to upgrade on the BA issues. Just the same, there are some issues that are just plain elusive in high grade.... I'm trying to bump some of my 9.0/9.2 issues up to 9.4, and it is proving painful and frustrating.

But that's where the fun is!

Feeling masochistic,

Shep

Hey guys,

And here are a couple of nice raw upgrades.

Our Army at War #225 Massachusetts copy. Flat, tight and beautiful. Early USS Stevens tale.

oaaw225.jpg

And Our Army at War #252.... stunning Russ Heath art on a killer Iron Major tale.

oaaw252.jpg