• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,137 posts in this topic

Thanks Shep! There were more war books at this show than I have seen in the past four years, If you want to see the other war book that I picked up check the SA forum. :gossip:

Yeah, that was a pretty good con. I picked up 6 later run Sgt. Rock issues in 9.2-9.6 that I was glad to find. Will probably sell them though...

Thanks Shep! There were more war books at this show than I have seen in the past four years, If you want to see the other war book that I picked up check the SA forum. :gossip:

That's great to hear... I have noticed more nice bronze age war books showing up online with dealers, but not so many at the cons that roll through Toronto.

By the way, as a general appeal to all and sundry... if anyone can find true cgc-worthy 9.4 or better copies of Our Army at War #245 and #250, I have a hunk of cash for you. My #250 is a 9.0, and my #245 is a 9.2 and I have been looking for nice upgrades on them for years. If anyone sees them, please let me know.

Shep

Hey Guys, If any of you have been watching the news you may have seen broadcasts of the fires in and around San Diego. I live maybe 3 to 5 miles from the fires at this point but with the wind blowing at 30-40 mph they may become closer. I just sent my wife and my son to my sisters house a little more north since the air quality is better there. I stayed back with the dogs just in case we have to evacuate. I believe the fires will stay south of us but a wind change could cause real problems. As the news is stating many families only had about 5 min to evacuate. I sent my wife with 2 suitcases of clothes, familiy pictures and some boxes of financials. The comics are staying behind right now. If I have to leave I may take 2-3 short boxes and my OA. I know there are a lot of collectors in and around San Diego so be thinking of us! Hopefully, the firefighters are able to get this under control but with the high winds it is making it difficult. God Bless them! It puts a lot of things in perspective when things like this happen! Think of us today!

Larry

Hey Guys, I'm back! We had voluntary evacuations in my area so I left. I'm back now and my family is doing fine. We were very lucky and the fire stopped short of us in San Marcos and is south of us in Dell Mar and north in Fallbrook. I'm praying for you guys that are still in harms way!! God Bless and Good luck!

Larry

p.s. I'd thought I would post this here because the War threads is where I usually hang out! Unfornuatly, many of your fellow collectors are still in harms way. I was very happy to put the four short boxes and my OA back on the shelf. Whew!

p.s.s. Check Comics General for updates on some of the other collectors!

That's good news that you made it to safety and your family

and comics are safe and sound. :applause:

Many of your Northern nieghbors are hoping and praying for the

safety of everyone in the area and praying for rain and the winds

to calm down. :wishluck:

Good luck and stay safe.

fay

Hey Guys, I'm back! We had voluntary evacuations in my area so I left. I'm back now and my family is doing fine. We were very lucky and the fire stopped short of us in San Marcos and is south of us in Dell Mar and north in Fallbrook. I'm praying for you guys that are still in harms way!! God Bless and Good luck!

Larry

p.s. I'd thought I would post this here because the War threads is where I usually hang out! Unfornuatly, many of your fellow collectors are still in harms way. I was very happy to put the four short boxes and my OA back on the shelf. Whew!

p.s.s. Check Comics General for updates on some of the other collectors!

Glad to hear that you're no longer in potential trouble. My heart goes out to the others in danger.

Andy

Anyone know what the deal with the Winnipeg Unknown Soldiers that were recently listed on Pedigreecomics.com is? The 9.8 #268 sold rather quickly for $300 (and is listed on GPA as a September sale) and now the book is in the current Heritage Signature auction as something "from the Keith Marlow Collection." - Auction

I now notice that all the Winnipeg Unknown Soldiers are gone from PedigreeComics.com as well. I guess my questions are - a.) is the 268 from some collection that is constantly/currently being added to and then sold on Heritage or b.) was it just moved to a different venue by that collection owner? If it was just a move, then why is it listed as a sale on GPA? I do not remember if the PedigreeComics description had the Marlow annotation in the description or not.

Maybe there is a simple answer, I seem to remember this Marlow person posting on the boards before - perhaps he can shed some light on the subject.

Maybe he bought it and now is selling them now?

No, the original listing didn't saw that it was from the Marlow collection.

Maybe you should ask Doug, as I have a feeling those books were actually some DC stragglers that got sold to Doug when Showcase New England dumped the later BA books to Doug back in the day. SNE said that most of the DCs didn't have the COA saying it was from the Winnipeg collection so it's likely it got the designation because Doug submitted them personally.

Maybe he bought it and now is selling them now?

No, the original listing didn't saw that it was from the Marlow collection.

Maybe you should ask Doug, as I have a feeling those books were actually some DC stragglers that got sold to Doug when Showcase New England dumped the later BA books to Doug back in the day. SNE said that most of the DCs didn't have the COA saying it was from the Winnipeg collection so it's likely it got the designation because Doug submitted them personally.

Sounds like he is just adding to whatever he is already selling on Heritage. Kind of lame to attach the "from the collection of" tag to something being flipped in less than a month. Hopefully, it goes for cheaper than what he paid. hm

btw PM on the way. :sumo:

Anyone know what the deal with the Winnipeg Unknown Soldiers that were recently listed on Pedigreecomics.com is? The 9.8 #268 sold rather quickly for $300 (and is listed on GPA as a September sale) and now the book is in the current Heritage Signature auction as something "from the Keith Marlow Collection." - Auction

I now notice that all the Winnipeg Unknown Soldiers are gone from PedigreeComics.com as well. I guess my questions are - a.) is the 268 from some collection that is constantly/currently being added to and then sold on Heritage or b.) was it just moved to a different venue by that collection owner? If it was just a move, then why is it listed as a sale on GPA? I do not remember if the PedigreeComics description had the Marlow annotation in the description or not.

Maybe there is a simple answer, I seem to remember this Marlow person posting on the boards before - perhaps he can shed some light on the subject.

All of Keith Marlow's books for sale are with Heritage and he was

sticking to that plan the last time I spoke to him by e-mail.

Here's a question:

Who is the greatest BA war character?

No question... it's the Unknown Soldier. (I don't take Our Army at War #168 as his first appearance - I consider him a bronze age creation.)

Shep

I notice on the newer CGC SSWS 151 labels it no longer says "First Unknown Soldier in title" (as it does on my copy), but now says "1st appearance of the Unknown Soldier." hm

Man, this bronze age war thread is DEAD!!!!

Here's a recent ebay pickup of mine... from the incomparable Bobcat. I am consistently amazed at the quality books he trots out.

Typically, if I'm buying CGC I'll wait for 9.4 and better..... but I have found that the #151 (and the #150) are two of the hardest 48/52-pagers to find in grade. Very, very difficult. So I'm more than happy to get a 'mere' 9.2, especially one with great centering and nice corners. Amazing Heath art in this issue:

gicombat151cgc28.jpg