• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,137 posts in this topic

BA War is what I grew up on, unfortunately, I haven't picked up anything new lately.

Here's a couple just to keep the thread on life support :

G-12.jpg

OAAW235.jpg

OFF-149518x773.jpg

sgtfury-95520x773.jpg

Those are nice, Larry! :cloud9:

Andy

Got what I thought was a good price on this and it's a ped to boot. Generally I don't want to sink money into slabbed bronze war but this one was too sweet to pass up.

Plus, I still have my reader copy. :whee:

zOAAW239b.jpg

And finally a bunch of killer Weird War I scored off ebay (all these were graded by the seller as 8.0. I asked for larger scans and almost choked when I saw them. Not only undergraded by the seller but underpriced as well)

WW21.jpg

This one goes way back for me. I've had a reader copy for ages. Love the cover story about the soldier who gets a magic amulet that makes him unkillable. Well, in a typical Weird War twist, he finds out that there is a fate worse than death.

WW22.jpg

This one is one of my all time favorites. I still remember walking into a local used book store with my parents back in the late 70's and seeing a copy of this book on a spinner rack.

It came home with me. Still have it somewhere. :cloud9:

WW34.jpg

Hi guys,

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on which Joe Kubert war covers would be considered his best based on the following:

1.) Depiction of actual World War Two battles or places.

2.) Portrayal of American soldiers in action (for example, the Sgt. Rock flag cover)

3.) His best "action" oriented covers.

4.) His best "composition" covers.

Thanks a lot, I know there's lots of experts on this thread, and hope to read what you have to share!

Mervin