• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,138 posts in this topic

You got that at a great price, IMHO. I was all prepared to bid live on it, the auction was approaching, a customer came in to sell me some coins and I stupidly took a quick look through them and bought them for $12. I seriously ran back to the computer and the lot had just finished. You may have still won that great piece of art, but you would have paid about half a grand more. :frustrated: Fricken $12 in crappy coins!!! :frustrated:

I had actually logged into Heritage Live as well. I was going to up my bid a bit, but was prepared to watch someone else take it for $3500 to $4k or thereabouts.

I was ecstatic when I didn't hear a peep out of the crowd on the streaming video.

Great buy, m'lad. (worship)

What a Fantastic Cover!! Congrats on your purchase :golfclap:

One day I hope to join your Kubert Cover Club!!

Larry

Thanks Larry. Just got it in the mail on Tuesday and have lined up a time to get it framed after Christmas.

I think you definitely will have an opportunity in the future if the last auction was any indication.

Here's a nifty upgrade that i recently received from October. Thanks again, Andy. (thumbs u

GIC-139.jpg

Great book Larry. :cloud9:

I love the way the 15 cent price is only an outline on that Beautiful

black cover. Did DC do that with any other black War covers? (shrug)

I see the Tennessee comic con you three have going is alive

and well you lucky buggers. Beer and comics with one of the

board's best sellers. What more could you want... besides that,

you horny devils. :devil:

J/K :foryou:

Edited by Fazybones

It's a cool item Shep. I've never seen it before.

However, isn't it kind of,, umm, well STUPID, to put the cover to OAAW 233 on it and make no mention of it in the article? :screwy:

Howzabout scanning the article for us Shep?

Soooo...we're all fans of war comics but let's face it, not all war comics are created equal. The magnificent Heath OAAW run is just about the best thing in the BA as far as war comics are concerned, but what about comics you enjoy but are not really considered all that great?

Do you have any?

I like the post Kirby OFF books. 162(??) to 181. Yeah, George Evans wasn't at the top of his game anymore but I enjoy that run.

So what's your guilty pleasure?

I love the Heath books the most... but there are some other things about BA war that I also dig in a huge way...

- The Kirby Losers stories.

- The Severin Losers Stories.

- The Unknown Soldier tales written by David Michelinie.

- The Medal of Honor backups of by Norman Maurer.

- Bob Kanigher's Gallery of War. Especially the handful drawn by Alex Toth.

- The USS Stevens by Sam Glanzman.

- The Dateline: Frontline backup tales, in Men of War and the Unknown Soldier.

- Anything written by Archie Goodwin.

- Weird War #9 to #40... full of great stuff.

That sounds like a lot, but it just underscores how much talent and variety came out of those books during this era... may seem like sacrilege, but I have always preferred Bronze Age war to Silver Age war.... tends to be grittier and better written.

Shep