• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

the best of the bunch that I can remember...OAAW 203 CGC 9.4

Nice!!! That is a sweet copy (mine is but a 9.0)

John, do you crack them, or by reading-grade doubles?

Shep

Mostly read the archives right now, but I do buy 99 cent doubles for me and my kid...he loves WW2 stuff and just finished the 1st Rock Archives. He gets to keep the readers after I'm done with 'em so it's a win win situation.

Thought I should mention, another interesting find for DC War collectors is "America At War" from the Fireside series. Look it up in Overstreet under Fireside.

Nice, tough, super-thick collection of DC War.

Andy

Were there any ever clues indicating who the Unknown Soldier was?

Obviously, if we knew, he would then be the "Known Soldier."

Does anyone remember ever seeing anything in the series?

In the first issue (Star Spangled War #151) and the origin issue (Star Spangled War #154) there is some very general background, but no full name given as I recall. Throughout the run, there were occasional flashbacks to the moment when he was scarred and his brother was killed. But that's about it.

Here's a decent bio at the Hembeck Files.

http://www.proudrobot.com/hembeck/unknownsoldier.html

Hey all,

Normally I hate business travel. But today, on an overnight to Toronto, I struck another major tick from my upgrade list. Found a very nice 8.5/9.0 copy of Our Army at War #237 at a local shop. It has turned out to be an extremely, extremely hard copy to find. I'll try and post a scan when I get home.

Why is it that certain Bronze Age books are so rare, while the next issue is so plentiful. I see a million high grade 238s.

Nice!

Shep

And as if a nice grab on the OOAW #237 wasn't enough, I return today to find the Curator copy of Star Spangled War #138 in my mail box! Got it from Nikos on this WTB threads.... great-looking copy, despite the as-described upper staple pop.

Pure, unadulterated joy.

Shep

Thanks John. Yeah, the 237 is really tough for some reason... maybe its the white cover. The #217 is not as scarce, but certainly not common either.

If I see copies of them in my travels, I'll let you know.

Shep

Here are a few books that I have Shep to thank for letting me know that they exist. Thanks bigfiver, big props to you!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Sorry, they are not bronze age, peeps.... insane.gif

The Demon #48

demon48.jpg

Swamp Thing #82

swampthing82.jpg

Swamp Thing #83

swampthing83.jpg

Anarky #7

anarky7.jpg

Andy hi.gif