• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Don't laugh but I just scored a "nm/mint" copy of SSWS 150 from...Mile High Chuck...we'll see. Wish me luck.

If you need some staples for it... gimme a call! grin.gif

I hope it comes back nice... I've actually gotten a couple of nicely graded books from him. Post a scan when it comes in.

Shep

PS... have you bought much raw stuff from Metropolis? I've bought a few, and I've been happy... but I have heard some stories from other guys that their grading is so so. If you've had any experience with them let me know.

Nice Pages Shep! Wish I could afford to relieve you of that Heath G I Combat page! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks man!

They're nice for sure. I've already got enough nice pages cover the walls of my comic room, so having these sit in the flat file doesn't make a ton of sense.

So far, no bites... I'm surprised. Thought the Kirby page would have gone in a second, as it is truly killer.

Shep

Thanks man!

They're nice for sure. I've already got enough nice pages cover the walls of my comic room, so having these sit in the flat file doesn't make a ton of sense.

So far, no bites... I'm surprised. Thought the Kirby page would have gone in a second, as it is truly killer.

Shep

Could very well be due to the holiday season. I know that I've passed by a lot of stuff this past month that I would love to jump at, and that Heath page is one of them. Unfortunately, I got to wait til January for further purchases. frown.gif

The Kirby page is great and it's a suprise that no one going after it but for me Russ Heath on G I C and OAAW just blew me away! You need to post a few pics of the Pages you have covering that wall when you get a chance too! thumbsup2.gif

The Kirby page is great and it's a suprise that no one going after it but for me Russ Heath on G I C and OAAW just blew me away! You need to post a few pics of the Pages you have covering that wall when you get a chance too! thumbsup2.gif

I change it up from time to time... the room is not all that big, but currently I've got two Ric Estrada Gallery of War splash pages and a Sgt. Rock page by Heath from Our Army at War #256, one of my favorite all time stories. They're all framed, so it's tough to get scans. My favorite piece of art, though, is a Joe Kubert sketch that he drew on the inside cover of my Sgt. Rock Archives #1.... it's awesome. I'll try and take a digital pic and post it some time.

Shep

Greggy,

That is just a stunning copy - and one that I've been looking to upgrade off of VF for some time. A great cover, a KILLER Severin art job inside, and a rare WW1 story drawn by Bruce Jones. Just an all-time monster issue.

That really is a sweet, sweet copy. It amazes me just how tough some of those issues are to find in grade.

Shep

This just in from Metropolis (plus a stack of raw 9.4s). One of my favorite books from the run, and a cover that I've always adored. Just opened the FedEx package a few minutes ago!

sgtrock.jpg

Awesome book, Shep. Hey, I didn't see that one listed on my automated want-list from Metro. Drats! Too fast on the trigger for me, Shep. 893applaud-thumb.gif

This just in from Metropolis (plus a stack of raw 9.4s). One of my favorite books from the run, and a cover that I've always adored. Just opened the FedEx package a few minutes ago!

sgtrock.jpg

Very nice! I've heard the whispers gossip.gif....now I see the truth... acclaim.gif

Andy

Does anyone have a high grade copy of Our Fighting Forces #123 they could post?

Thanks,

bronzejohnny

Here's a decent copy I found in my box

off123px2.jpg