• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

By the way, I've seen some of your stuff too - you're no slouch yourself!

Nothing to see here folks...nothing to see.... shy.gif

Great colours on that 302

It is nice! I'm a big fan of the 300, myself. yay.gif

Again, nice books!

thumbsup2.gif

Andy

Awesome books, Shep! I think you definitely made a great buy! thumbsup2.gif

I like the 302 especially due to the logo change. And if I had a dollar for every Sgt. Rock book that had him on the cover holding a bunch of dogtags, I think it might match the stack of dollars I had for every "dog/child in danger cover". 27_laughing.gif

Yeah, there were certainly a lot of dogtag covers.... sort of a theme for Kubert.

The #302 is really nice, and has an excellent 9.4 shot with CGC.

There were some later Sgt. Rock books in the same lot from Metro, issues from #304-#314. Despite being relatively 'newer' books (granted, hitting the 30 year mark this year) I am knocked out at how tough some of these are to find in really nice grades.

I'll keep everyone posted as to how they do with CGC.

Shep

I wonder why CGC didn't note it on the label. Yeah I didn't read the later G.I. Combats but I hear that the idea wasn't too hot. Comment!

The mercenaries and Kana totally blew!! However, you always got a Haunted Tank story by Glanzman, and a Kubert cover... well worth having, therefore.

Shep

So, Sterling...does the new avatar denote a shift in collecting habits for '07? grin.gif

gossip.gif

That and I wanted to be greggy's avatar buddy. 27_laughing.gif

Actually, I have less gaps in horror...that and I don't expect much movement there unless something drastic changes...war is wide open for me...and the issues are (and will remain) cheap while I collect them...I'm going after two titles lazy style (ie not hell bent)---Sgt Rock (formerly OAAW) and Unknown Soldier (formerly SSWS)--maybe an occassional G.I. Combat Dollar Comic. I hope to improve my Weird Western Tales and Jonah Hex titles this year too. My focus however is to regroup so purchases will be slim jim lean.

So, Sterling...does the new avatar denote a shift in collecting habits for '07? grin.gif

gossip.gif

That and I wanted to be greggy's avatar buddy. 27_laughing.gif

Actually, I have less gaps in horror...that and I don't expect much movement there unless something drastic changes...war is wide open for me...and the issues are (and will remain) cheap while I collect them...I'm going after two titles lazy style (ie not hell bent)---Sgt Rock (formerly OAAW) and Unknown Soldier (formerly SPWS)--maybe an occassional G.I. Combat Dollar Comic. I hope to improve my Weird Western Tales and Jonah Hex titles this year too. My focus however is to regroup so purchases will be slim jim lean.

I've gotta say that you've got excellent taste! DC Horror, DC War, Weird Western and Jonah Hex....nice!!!

thumbsup2.gif

Andy

I’m at work and the wife called to inform me that the package from Mile High arrived. I give a full report on the grading when I get home at 6:00pm.

Has the grading improved since my last order 2 years ago? Will I be sending them back? Find out with full color scans at 6:00!

OOOOHHH the suspense!

Wish I got those kinds of wrong packages!!!

So, what did you get from Metro? I recently bought a pretty large run of OAAW & Sgt. Rock books from them (about 20). I'm still going through them now to see if any will be going to CGC. The grading was actually pretty accurate.

Shep

I know Metro are iffy, but so far I've been happy. Another grouping of older BA books are coming soon and that will be the real test.

I've been so busy over the holidays that I haven't had a chance to really go over the last batch. But it seemed like a solid batch of books. Certainly, the price was right.... aside from the Sgt, Rock #302, none of the books were over $16... and I got a decent discount from them too.

Shep

Yup! Now, don't get me wrong... they didn't lop of 25%. But it was probably in the 5 - 7% range... and the shipping was cheaper than I expected too.

I've heard some not-so-great things about them, but so far all of my experiences with them have been dandy.

Shep

dibs on your doubles 893applaud-thumb.gif

Wish I got those kinds of wrong packages!!!

So, what did you get from Metro? I recently bought a pretty large run of OAAW & Sgt. Rock books from them (about 20). I'm still going through them now to see if any will be going to CGC. The grading was actually pretty accurate.

Shep

OK, so when I got back into collecting I realize all the wrong things I was doing to my OO collection: no bag and boards, and the comics just stacked on top in a box where damage could've occured easily. On top of that, my "NM" growing up was basically today's VF standards...I was aware of the defects but simply ignored them.

So, out of the 250+ books I purchased off the newstand (doesn't look like much to me today, but it did back then) maybe a handful of my books are actually NM.

I've since sold off my other books, but these handful of books were purchased by me and I plan on getting them CGC certified at some point. Yeah, I know--lame...but I can appreciate the patience to keep a fragile paper product in such great condition for over 22+ years!

First: Unknown Soldier #244...anyone reading DCs around this time was loving it--the star banners going across the top brought a grin...again and again. DC added 8 additional pages just the month previous...and although it wasn't added to the main feature, it allowed for additional variety to the comic. They had to justify the additional 10 cents, I guess.