• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

Speaking of Severin, when I met him several years ago at the now defunct Words & Pictures museum in Northhampton Mass, I had him sign my copy of this book.

americaatwar.jpg

Bought for me by my parents and read to death back in the day. cloud9.gif

I have it signed by Kubert, Severin, and Cuidera. Hopefully by Heath some day as well. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Speaking of Severin, when I met him several years ago at the now defunct Words & Pictures museum in Northhampton Mass, I had him sign my copy of this book.

americaatwar.jpg

I have it signed by Kubert, Severin, and Cuidera. Hopefully by Heath some day as well. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

What kinda stuff does that book have in it? Are they reprints or is it a book-book?

What kinda stuff does that book have in it? Are they reprints or is it a book-book?

Reprints.

Has stuff from Golden age right up to Bronze.

It's totally worth getting... but do yourself a favor and buy the softcover, as the hardcover is stupid expensive.

There are usually a couple on ebay, selling in the $30-$50 range, but if you're patient one will appear for half that price.

In fact, all those Fireside books are cool!

Great book.

Shep

Are the reprinted Showcase ones all in BW like the marvel essentials? I bought the Jonah Hex one for my brother and its all BW, takes alot away from the comics.

Edited by kidcolt

I really like DC war comics in black & white. confused-smiley-013.gif

And if they released those books in color it would be in archive form and we'd have to pay $50. I'll take the showcase version, thank you very much. laugh.gif

You can get most archives for $33 or less, with free shipping. But considering the Showcase volumes have a lot more pages than an archive, your point is even stronger.

Having said that, I really don't like the black and white reprints . The only comis I like that way are ones drawn to be that way--certain Eisner or Miller pieces, and a lot of Savage Sword of Conan.

Marc

Last night I was down in the comic room grading and mylar-ing some books, and I looked up and saw my Two-Fisted Tales and Frontline combat slipcase sets. I pulled out some of the FCs and man, THOSE are some comics that look awesome in black and white.

At the end of the last Frontline Combat book, I found a newspaper article I clipped out back in 1993. It was Havery Kurtzman's obituary from the New York Times. What's weird is that in my entire life, I have bought ONE copy of the NYT. I remember that I was living in Toronto, went down the newspaper box, and the Globe and Mail was empty. So I picked up the Times. And lo... there was Harvey's obit. I was heart-broken, because I am such a fan of his war tales. It was such a strange coincidence.

As a side piece of info... the obit has been tucked inside the back cover since, well, 1993. It is just regular, cheap old newspaper stock, but it is white as snow and looks and smells like it was printed yesterday. In contrast, I have some newspapers that are a month old sitting out in the back porch and they are already brown. Says something about the benefits of keeping everything cool, dark and out of the atmosphere.

Shep

americaatwar.jpg

Ditto on this book...lots of fun reads and very enjoyable.

gossip.gifBuy it!

Andy

I really like DC war comics in black & white. confused-smiley-013.gif

And if they released those books in color it would be in archive form and we'd have to pay $50. I'll take the showcase version, thank you very much. laugh.gif

I do enjoy colour comics, but these b&w versions for the price offered, are great deals!

thumbsup2.gif2 thumbs up thumbsup2.gif

Andy