• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

Hey Larry,

Actually, I wasn't thrilled with the scan of the OAAW #265... I'm using the office scanner, and it needs to be balanced.

I import all my scans with Adobe Photoshop. Depending on what kind of mood the scanner is in, you may get a dark scan or a light one. Mine tend to come up dark, so I use photoshop to level out the exposure a little. I always use the book in hand as a guide... when my scan looks like the book under typical light, that's when I save it.

Getting my scans to look good on the CGC registry is hard, though, because the file size is so small... my scans look like *spoon* there.

Hey, by the way, killer digest. Have you got the Haunted Tank one in that kind of shape? That one can be crazy hard to find in high grade.

Shep

Thanks for the info Shep. I have another Digest 18 raw that looks almost as good as the 9.8 and my Haunted Tank digest is a NM- (off the top of my head since I havn't looked at it in awhile). I will take a look at it and post it if its up to grade.

Larry

I'd love to see it Larry... I love that HT digest, and NM- is the same grade as mine. I haven't found a better one in six years of hard looking.

Those digests are soooo great. I remember buying the first one off the rack, with the painted Kubert cover, and just reading it to death. Good times!

Shep

Here goes Shep. Blueribbondigest.jpg

Maybe closer to VF?

The non-white UPC always gets me.....

Naw... I'd still call it 9.0/9.2 - looks like it's been pretty much unread (no vertical creases running up the spine edge of the front cover). As for the surface staining, there's something about the cover stock on these that picks up dirst like crazy.

If you ever did plan on submitting, you could probably gently clean that yourself and still get an Universal label. Still, the staining doesn't look too bad

Man, I love that particular digest! For fun, here's mine (not coincidentally, with a little staining in the same place.

digest12.jpg

and my VERY favorite one:

Digest1.jpg

LOVE those digests. Bought them all when they came out, I think. Except that Rock's Prize Battle Tales. Still don't have that one.

Plus, mine are, shall we say, well read.

Jeff,

If you're looking to get nice copies, I've found that they sometimes come up on ebay in mixed lots (ie, search 'DC Digests' and try and get lucky.) That's how I got all of mine... they came in one lot and they were CHEAP, and super sharp. Here are a few more from the same lot...

Digest7.jpg

digest18.jpg

digest21.jpg

Hey guys am I allowed to pimp my wares over here? War guys might want to check out my VCC booth this weekend. I have a few ok books I will be selling.

Me too.

If'n I can get off my azz and scan them. Nothing huge but some older non key books.

Here goes Shep. Blueribbondigest.jpg

Maybe closer to VF?

The non-white UPC always gets me.....

Naw... I'd still call it 9.0/9.2 - looks like it's been pretty much unread (no vertical creases running up the spine edge of the front cover). As for the surface staining, there's something about the cover stock on these that picks up dirst like crazy.

If you ever did plan on submitting, you could probably gently clean that yourself and still get an Universal label. Still, the staining doesn't look too bad

Man, I love that particular digest! For fun, here's mine (not coincidentally, with a little staining in the same place.

digest12.jpg

and my VERY favorite one:

Digest1.jpg

Well, congratulations....you've just made me realise that I've still got to get the Direct edition and Newstand edition variants of these digests. I collect all the different versions of the comics, but didn't even think about the digests. frustrated.gifArgggggggghhhh!!!

(Nice ones btw) gossip.gif

Andy

Hey Henchan, I love this book. White cover is tough to find in grade. Great pickup. BTW was this the clink book? Larry

Yea it's the CLINK book. If the other one is still there in 5 days i might pick that one up also.

I just purchased this and i am in the process of waiting for it. I love the cover.

BLUERIBBON.jpg

That's a killer copy!

Man... why don't DC do another series of classic war, hero, western, romance and horror digests. Just a great, kid-friendly format.

Shep