• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,139 posts in this topic

Nice books Shep. Those seem to be inordinantly tough in grade.

Yeah, they're tough in nice shape. I just suppose they weren't collected because at the time, Our Fighting Forces was a 'B' grade DC title.

These ones came from all different sources... cons, shops, ebay. You really have to pick them off one at a time, because they appear so rarely in bunches.

WOW!! I'm speachless....nice #130 thumbsup2.gif

Thanks... I love those covers.

I just picked up a tasty little run of BA war... books that I have already, but a lot of potential upgrades. 70 books in all! I'll start posting when they arrive. Keep your fingers crossed for me that they don't turn out to be an ebay disappointment.

Shep

I just happened to be at the right place at the right time for some SSWS run from #138 to #150 about 5-6 solid books. I also posted this one in spare a grade. I would like the help! These are some big upgrades for me. Thanks Larry ssws138front-1.jpg[/img]

Edited by Hedge

Perhaps my favorite cover in the run....

gic550006.jpg

I couldn't agree more about this cover and got lucky and own a beautiful copy.

Your earlier comment about 15 cent DC war books is another one hard to argue about. I think I like 15 centers better than many of the 12 centers. Am I crazy or do any of you agree? confused-smiley-013.gif

fay

There was something special happening at DC when they went to the 15 price... the creative machine that Carmine Infantino was kicking into high gear... Neal Adams, Joe Orlando, Berni Wrightson, Joe Kubert, Russ Heath, Jack Kirby, Denny O'Neil... a fabulous of mixture of new and seasoned talent. It couldn't last, but man.... what a great time for comics.

Shep

Here are some of the better ones from that collection I got over the weekend. I'm very happy with these. They are big upgrades for me.

ssws142.jpg[/img]

ssws149.jpg[/img]

ssws150.jpg[/img]

ssws152.jpg[/img]

ssws153.jpg[/img]

No #151 though.