• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SURVIVOR SERIES for Jerry Grandenetti covers - Round 8 (Final Round)

SURVIVOR SERIES for Jerry Grandenetti covers - Round 8  

102 members have voted

1. 1. SURVIVOR SERIES for Jerry Grandenetti covers - Round 8

36 posts in this topic

This is our final round, guys and gals! Thanks so much for your support and contributions. (worship)

One last thing to ask of you all. Vote for your least favorite cover. By doing this, the book with the fewest number of votes will be our champion.

Remember, we are voting for the one that we do not like. Well, our "least favorite", as I mentioned before.

gic76_zps7kucfklp.jpg

gic83_zpsoxumhlm9.jpg

Since the guy on 83 looks like my old friend Benny, it's my top...... but an almost impossible choice. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'll tell ya, it was difficult voting for 83 this round and last. For some reason, when the other "dripping with sweat guys" covers were gone, I found it super tough to vote against the very last one. :cry:

Since the guy on 83 looks like my old friend Benny, it's my top...... but an almost impossible choice. GOD BLESS...

I'll tell ya, it was difficult voting for 83 this round and last. For some reason, when the other "dripping with sweat guys" covers were gone, I found it super tough to vote against the very last one. :cry:

...the 83 has been at the top of several past lists, so it may be jaded a little..... but that raw emotion remains...so evocative. That 76 has that "something" as well...... GOD BLESS...

So yeah. That was tough.

I voted for 83 as my least favorite, and here's why. The 76 has more narrative for me, more tension, more explicit and implied conflict. I love the styling, execution, and perspective of both, but just the added between-the-lines did it for me.

yeah the 76 is more claustrophobic for me, I love it. Make's me feel like I'm right there in the hole under the tank, you can almost read the bracelet

The sweating covers are awesome but the sweat is not 100% from combat anticipation as it was often well over 100 degrees even at night on Guadalcanal.

Other possibilities. He might be running a fever, or he's in cover, the enemy could be standing right in front of him, and he's concentrating his utmost on not breaking wind.

I can't help being British. It's bound to occur to me. :sorry:

It's a dilemma that must crop up quite frequently in wars, the more you think about it. An incredibly stressful situation.

Especially, say, if you're somewhere like a Pacific island, where you might also have come down with amoebic dysentery.

As super tough as it was, I had to vote off #76. It seems a little un-believable to me and the brown "grey tone" just doesn't look right. The #82 offers a real tension of what is to come. The dark tone reflects the hot night and you can really feel for the guy.

Huh? individual combat situations like GIC#76 happened all the time, especially on the eastern front in Russia, without armor piercing artillery it took desperate measures to disable a tank, but it had to be done. A counter tactic that a tank commander would use if he knew he needed to eliminate a man in a foxhole would be to ride up to the foxhole fast and immediately start spinning the tank in a fast circle thereby covering the hole and grounding the infantryman into oblivion.