• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would you feel...

152 posts in this topic

I forgot to mention to mention I'll be at the Pokonos con this weekend and will be pressing some burritos with a cold corona - stop by and I'll pour you some tequila

(worship) Mini CAK (and in no way am I saying Hector is short)

Greggy is the only one allowed to make fun of my height

Suck it dweeb

You're vertically challenged? :o

I had this happen to a book I sold in my last sales thread. He had paid for it but he used my pic and had it listed for considerably more on the bay about the day I listed it. I guess I'd have to ask when does he own it? When he pays or when he receives it?

I don't really like people using my scans with out permission though. I have been pretty giving posting stuff on these boards. If it becomes a problem I am done though.

As far as the "instant flip" I don't care at all. When you own it, it's yours to do with what you will. If you can make money on it, fine by me. He's had it up twice without selling so I think my original price was probably about right.

Another book I sold is also being listed on the bay for about triple what I sold it for without a sale. Makes me feel a little better about putting a fixed price on a cool book.

Everybody's a "flipper" these days...

I forgot to mention to mention I'll be at the Pokonos con this weekend and will be pressing some burritos with a cold corona - stop by and I'll pour you some tequila

(worship) Mini CAK (and in no way am I saying Hector is short)

Greggy is the only one allowed to make fun of my height

Suck it dweeb

You're vertically challenged? :o

Shh only Greggy gets to talk about his height.

I've decided based on the posts in this thread not to have any more presales of CGC books being shipped

for example I have an ASM300 9.4 white pages, walking dead slabs 3-10 in 9.6/9.8 flavors all arriving on friday, please no take it pending scans, thread should be up the day after tomorrow

So now you're just pimping your wares in CG? :baiting:

hector straight CAK'd it. And I personally applaud the effort :golfclap:

Is it truly being CAK'd if it doesn't have a tutorial connected to it?

You gotta talk about the bags, boards and buffers.....gotta have a lot of buffers...

I wouldn't want to use someone else's scans when trying to sell a book; especially if I were flipping it. It gives the next buyer a tool to track down the previous sale and what the book sold for.

seriously.

I have however, used someone else's scans for the registry AFTER I bought it from them and the transaction was totally complete, because frankly they took better scans than me.

I don't know why people always say everyone is a flipper. There are still lots of us that just collect.

While I would like to agree with you I do not think there are 'lots' of us collectors here anymore.

Some, but not lots.

I don't know why people always say everyone is a flipper. There are still lots of us that just collect.

While I would like to agree with you I do not think there are 'lots' of us collectors here anymore.

Some, but not lots.

Seems like most everybody's collection are way more liquid than I consider mine. I obsess over selling undercopies, much less ONLY copies.

Isn't this how those "make money fast" in real estate infommercials tell you to do it? go into contract on a foreclosure and then start the process of flipping it before you even own it?

Isn't this how those "make money fast" in real estate infommercials tell you to do it? go into contract on a foreclosure and then start the process of flipping it before you even own it?

do what you want with full disclosure (and not prohibited by law).

But if you're selling something you have no right to sell and representing it as though you do....that's fraud.

Not so cut and dried. Could just be back ordered. Retailers do it all the time.

but these are done with all kinds of disclaimers and warranties and guarantees and with full disclosure (generally) and state pre-orders. But to represent something as 'for sale' when you don't have the right to sell it at all....