• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone bought from leescomicsinc. on eBay?

13 posts in this topic

They have stellar feedback, but small scans. Just wondering if anyone has done business with them before and what kind of experience they had. Thanks.

I haven't purchased from him on ebay, but Lee Hester owns Lee's Comics in San Mateo and Mountain View near where I live. His raw grading in his store ranges from accurate to very conservative in some cases. He is very careful about calling any silver age book a NM at his store. He is also the dealer who found the Palo Alto pedigree collection and is a super nice guy. His phone number is 650-571-1489. You could call him or one of his staff if you had any questions about a book.

They have stellar feedback, but small scans. Just wondering if anyone has done business with them before and what kind of experience they had. Thanks.

I haven't purchased from him on ebay, but Lee Hester owns Lee's Comics in San Mateo and Mountain View near where I live. His raw grading in his store ranges from accurate to very conservative in some cases. He is very careful about calling any silver age book a NM at his store. He is also the dealer who found the Palo Alto pedigree collection and is a super nice guy. His phone number is 650-571-1489. You could call him or one of his staff if you had any questions about a book.

I was hoping to hear that his grading was conservative. His feedback is perfect, I just thought I would double check with everyone here. Thanks. thumbsup2.gif

I was hoping to hear that his grading was conservative. His feedback is perfect, I just thought I would double check with everyone here. Thanks. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, it should be fine. I bought some FN and VF Jonah Hex from Lee's a few years ago to finish my run and they were right on. We also bought an absolute ton of silver, bronze, and modern Archie's and Archie digests from him recently.

He's a nice guy who realizes that repeat business is where it's at.

Marc

nice, anyone happen to have a link to his auctions? dunno how to search by name :P

No, I wouldn't want to refer a buyer to him that had an overall negative feedback rating due to nonpayment under a prior ID.

nice, anyone happen to have a link to his auctions? dunno how to search by name :P

No, I wouldn't want to refer a buyer to him that had an overall negative feedback rating due to nonpayment under a prior ID.

27_laughing.gif Nice. It did not occurr to me that our new arrival might be xobwhatever. thumbsup2.gif

I concur. Lee sells nice books. His prices can be a bit on the high side, but at least you can be confident the grading is accurate, or as others have stated, even on the conservative side. If the price is right, bid with confidence.