• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me grade this FF#44

12 posts in this topic

here is a nice FF44....there is a printers crease on the green wing of dragon....let me know also if this is a spine roll issue or just the way it went through the press when it was created......book lays very flat and is very very clean, how does CGC look at these issues...as far as wear on this book goes, I have seen worse new books at shops...

scan003.jpg

scan00b.jpg

The color flakes on the upper and lower spine, small stain on the back cover above the word "Others", looks like a slight moisture wrinkle on the back spine about halfway down ( I could be wrong). Back cover top edge, are some of the things I see that will probably keep this from a 9.4.

Plus I noticed lately that they have been less forgiving for flaws. This book looks as nice if not a little nicer than my #55 I sold recently, had similar overall defects and graded at a 9.0.

Why 9.0? I am thinking 9.4. confused.gif

Maybe if Nikos submitted this himself about a year ago, it MIGHT go as high as a 9.4 grin.gif, but i'd have to agree that the spine flakes top and bottom, BC staple stress, that little stain on the BC, will keep it right around a 9.0.

but what is with the front cover?? the pages protrude ever so slightly past the BC but really stick way out past the FC. i realize that's a pretty huge miswrap, but would that account for the "shortness" of the FC???

Why 9.0? I am thinking 9.4. confused.gif

Maybe if Nikos submitted this himself about a year ago, it MIGHT go as high as a 9.4 grin.gif, but i'd have to agree that the spine flakes top and bottom, BC staple stress, that little stain on the BC, will keep it right around a 9.0.

but what is with the front cover?? the pages protrude ever so slightly past the BC but really stick way out past the FC. i realize that's a pretty huge miswrap, but would that account for the "shortness" of the FC???

that's why i was asking if it was trimmed. plus, the edge of the cover looks rather whitish to me, but that might be my eyes decieving me the rebellious bastards