• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now why did you have to go and get it signed???

57 posts in this topic

Judy and I got tickets for Stan's autograph at the Baltimore 2011 Con..... and we were so awestricken that we could only watch in horror as he signed our Hulk 6 smack dab in the middle of the cover...... I quickly requested that the next two be signed on the splash...... ASM 6 and FF 11........ I totally love autographs on the splash...... cover not as much.... but I do have a few sig series books that caught my eye with good placement. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Another poorly located Stan sig that would have been fine on the splash page:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-ADULT-FANTASY-CGC-7-1ST-ISSUE-9-2-SS-STAN-LEE-1-OF-1-1278791002-/311334669998?hash=item487cfe0eae:g:CuwAAOSwstxVGbzo

-bc

If you have cgc witness the signature inside the book-- it still gets the SS label, correct?

If I had a SS- that is how I would approach it.

No SS

....I've seen SS series with sigs inside..... they may no longer do it (shrug) .... they certainly should. GOD BLESS....

They were still doing it a few months ago. . . I got a Waid sig on the interior of a Kingdom Come #1.

I hate autographs on comics and that yellow label. Everyone running around getting Stan Lee to sign thier books cause they know he's not going to be around much longer, he'll sign anything you put in front of him.

If you have cgc witness the signature inside the book-- it still gets the SS label, correct?

No SS

....I've seen SS series with sigs inside..... they may no longer do it (shrug) .... they certainly should. GOD BLESS....

They were still doing it a few months ago. . . I got a Waid sig on the interior of a Kingdom Come #1.

They've always done this - doesn't matter where the comic is signed, it's eligible for SS as long as the signature is witnessed.

Judy and I got tickets for Stan's autograph at the Baltimore 2011 Con..... and we were so awestricken that we could only watch in horror as he signed our Hulk 6 smack dab in the middle of the cover...... I quickly requested that the next two be signed on the splash...... ASM 6 and FF 11........ I totally love autographs on the splash...... cover not as much.... but I do have a few sig series books that caught my eye with good placement. GOD BLESS...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-ADULT-FANTASY-CGC-7-1ST-ISSUE-9-2-SS-STAN-LEE-1-OF-1-1278791002-/311334669998?hash=item487cfe0eae:g:CuwAAOSwstxVGbzo

-bc

Looks like a Tramp Stamp

No SS

Of course it is. I used to do all my SS submissions that way.

And that is why you fail.

Nah.

When the SS program comes crashing down, those books maintain their original value. Books with sharpie across the cover?

Not so much

-bc

Looks like a Tramp Stamp

:idea:

C'mon ladies & fanboys, get your Official Stan Lee Tramp Stamp for only $25

It completes any cosplay outfit - even if the character isn't Marvel related.

There's a new merchandising angle for him !

-bc

No SS

Of course it is. I used to do all my SS submissions that way.

And that is why you fail.

Nah.

When the SS program comes crashing down, those books maintain their original value. Books with sharpie across the cover?

Not so much

I'm not a fan of signatures on the cover but decided I would pick up one (my very first). What do you all think of the placement and sig on this book?

spidey%2010125.jpg

I agree and I can see the day where ss comic book could be worth less than the same book in the same grade without the signature

I have been tempted to buy some low(er) grade keys lately, but the relevant ones I find seem to always have an uggy "Stan Lee" in chubby marker pen in the worst of spots. I would rather have an unmolested copy - or at least one signed on the splash page in normal pen/pencil.

I understand this.

I have a 6.5 Daredevil # 1 that's SS with the Stan Lee signature. Cool collectible, but it sort of offends the purist in me because I know that marker is degrading the cover faster.

When I finally complete my CGC run of 1-20 I'm going to need an unsigned copy of Daredevil 1.

There are some exceptions to this, mostly with moderns that are easy to get in high grade.

For example, I've long toyed with trying to complete Batman 426-429 in 9.8 SS with Mignola / Starlin sigs.

Or Punisher War Journal 1-19 in 9.8 with SS Jim Lee sigs.

Last I checked, less than half of that run even exists in 9.8 SS.

How would that affect the value?

It could go either way.

Wouldn't someone say that theirs is worth more because the signature is on the cover where you can see it?

Possibly.

I'd go so far as to guarantee that who ever was selling a book with the sig on the cover would say it's worth more since the sig was on the cover. Not that I would think it would be worth more, simply that the seller would say it would.

I don't need to see a giant sharpie sig on the front cover. I just like knowing that the book I own was carefully opened in front of the artist, and signed neatly on the splash page. :cloud9:

I don't need to see a giant sharpie sig on the front cover. I just like knowing that the book I own was carefully opened in front of the artist, and signed neatly on the splash page. :cloud9:

You could always get CGC to slab it with the cover wraped around to the back :baiting:

SS books really are not on my radar much, I'd rather have an unsigned copy. However there are a few artists and writers, I would like to have one singed book (nothing super valuable either) by just as more of a memento.