• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Our Good Friend Rustysstarwars...

32 posts in this topic

some of you may remember him as the seller not long ago who had several high-grade silver age comics "slabbed" by CGC for sale. blurry pics, provided no serial numbers, sent ultimatums (pay me by MO to my PO Box or else) etc. on all his auctions. his auctions were discussed here. the winners of the auctions (myself included) formed a sort of retaliatory circle.

check out his most recent feedback:

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=rustysstarwars

it's significant to note the difference in feedback he received between his graded vs ungraded books. the comments left by pleptuch were for graded books (and he wasn't happy with them). angel9262, alexcmiller & bluering4 gave *very* positive feedback for their ungraded books.

shortly after being contacted by tomega from the boards, i also personally contacted all the auction winners and we formed the circle of 16 winning bidders. most of us didn't pay and got the NPBs removed. i know bluering told me he was happy with his ungraded books, but said the lot averaged out to a "Good". the basic feeling is that rusty was trying to pass off low-grade books as CGC certified stuff.

i'm sure i contacted pleptuch - but he never replied - and must've paid for his books. i think a few others must've paid for graded books too.

does anyone know why the links to pleptuch's auctions are (private)? is it cause he must've reported it to fraud and fraud is looking into them?

Aha! That's what I thought. Is it "Triple Delight"?

Let's play a game. First one right get's a free comic book, courtesy of me (I promise it won't be Spider-Man #1 or X-Force #1)! Sorry "14", you don't get to play....but let us know who is the winner! smile.gif

Chris

Just emailed him and told him to stop selling comics as he was bad for the hobby. mad.gif

Amazing this guy is still allowed to sell after everything he's done. Just fuels the negativity I have towards e-bay. That's not good either. Cause if I'm effected, so are a lot of other people. And that's not good for the hobby. People remember when they get screwed, and if they get screwed over and over again by people like this, they leave the hobby. That hurts. frown.gif

If only there were more sellers like gman. grin.gif

Sorry but I gave him my Canuck 5 stars as per usual. Perhaps people should stop asking for 5 stars and people won't feel the need to do the opposite! tongue.gif

I contacted one of the positive bidders because it irritated me that just because he was happy with ungraded vg to fine comics that he shouldn't take the high ground and say things like "hope you get rid of the mob soon". My view was that this bidder could add legitimacy to the CGC auctions that were obviously fraudulent and encourage others to bid. His response was:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, 11 March 2003 8:07 PM

To: Billington, John (AU - Melb)

Subject: Re: Question from eBay Member

Unfortunately (or possibly fortunately for me) the goods I received were better than described, arrived in good time and were well packaged,

Rusty was very patient, allayed all my doubts and came through as an honest (with me anyway) Ebay seller.

I have dealt with dishonest types, been burnt and have lost a few hundred dollars in the past.

If somebody is honest, trustworthy and delivers the items better than the said condition, then I will give them the praise they deserve.

I won't run with the pack on a witch hunt. Please don't have a pop at me because you have a dispute with him, I suggest you take it up with him.

As concerns my feedback, I still stand by the fact that he was true to his word and he deserved the comments which I left, In no way am I trying to persuade others to bid with him, It is my personal views on the matter, my comment was fair, positive and no less than he deserved.

I would bid with him again following my positive experience.

Regards

Angel9262

Steve @ The Dark Angel

youre the one who wrote to me Loey boy. Isnt it way past your bedtime? I Get the last word person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point so stop trying to contact me and be my friend because its not working. it only makes you look sorry when you try to act cool on these boards and then be friendly when no ones looking. You are a sad individual. mad.gif

Yo Jamie! Maybe if you stop having his obsession with me and keep mentioning that I am a hater and rating people down, I would have totally ignored you!

Boy, you are really stretching if you think people will believe that I would give a rat's [!@#%^&^] about you! If you are going to tell a fib, at least make it credible. Ha ha, you are such a joke!

Now......yawn.....ZZZZZZZZZZ!

See ya! For good! tongue.gif

hate is such a strong word khaos. I just ignore ol'fatboys negativity. Im sure he responded to my post but I just ignore the dog and his rants of nothing. Hows your day going by the way?

Hows your day going by the way?

It was fine until you guys started fighting! I hate it when you fight! It hurts Khaos deep in his soul! I must go make some herbal tea and draw a bath now... I hope you Monsters Of The Message Board can resolve your petty differences before I return. :::sniff:::

i find there's a bit of a "conform to the group" mentality here. i think a forum like this is meant for people to express their opinions - but i find there's quite a bit of opposition to anyone who makes suggestions/opinions that people don't like to hear, true or otherwise. i noticed my rating dropped from 5 to 3 to 2 to 1 on days i posted opinions that i felt were "reasonable", but maybe not necessarily what people liked to hear. frankly - this may ultimately lead me to leave these boards altogether....

frown.gif

Yo, 14, just sack up and learn to looove the animosity. Look at me, I was voted "Favorite Board Member" during the CGCMBAAS last year, but here I sit... with two stars. TWO! ME! The most informative, insightful, compulsively contributational (it's a word because I say it is) poster around! TWO STARS! Imagine. mad.gif