• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,347 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Shadow Images said:

Did some trading lately

fullsizeoutput_1a9.thumb.jpeg.bfb2919791e77896eead17b471ae0488.jpeg

Congrats ! That swivel arm Scarlett is becoming a pain to find in such as nice a condition as yours. 

2 minutes ago, Shadow Images said:

Thanks. First time I have bought GI Joe for at least 20 yrs.

Trust me... it is ridiculously addicting once you start picking a few up.  I originally thought I would just pick up the ones I originally had as a kid.  Now I am doing that and more.

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Trust me... it is ridiculously addicting once you start picking a few up.  I originally thought I would just pick up the ones I originally had as a kid.  Now I am doing that and more.

Yeah between Star Wars, Gi Joe, Transformer....etc  its a never ending rabbit hole. The 80's ruined us all :roflmao:

5 minutes ago, Shadow Images said:

Yeah between Star Wars, Gi Joe, Transformer....etc  its a never ending rabbit hole. The 80's ruined us all :roflmao:

Ohhh I completed my Star Wars collection with Yak Face in the late 90's.  I broke down and decided to get the Blue Snaggletooth from Joe a few years ago.  Occasionally I pick up an extra POTF figure if the price is too good to pass up but I am pretty much done in that area.   Don't tell me about Transformers... don't infect me with that disease. I am already buying some modern stuff as well as some of the MP figures. 

20 hours ago, Shadow Images said:

That's the truth!

20 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Ohhh I completed my Star Wars collection with Yak Face in the late 90's.  I broke down and decided to get the Blue Snaggletooth from Joe a few years ago.  Occasionally I pick up an extra POTF figure if the price is too good to pass up but I am pretty much done in that area.   Don't tell me about Transformers... don't infect me with that disease. I am already buying some modern stuff as well as some of the MP figures. 

Great pick ups again! I'm on the MP transformer hole too.I wonder if they'l finally make a Blaster already?

@Shadow Images well at least that's half the battle ^^  I like it though, I remember seeing my cousin's Flagg as a kid, I tripped and fell into it, didn't break it though whew!

it was on the ground, I remember seeing it all put together when I got there, and I kept wondering the size of box it must have come in :shy: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
when lol

@Chillax23 I paid around $10/ea for the Kenner Aliens toys; picked up a full set of the first series just to get at the mini-comics. To my knowledge, Dark Horse never reprinted the minis series in any kind of TPB. They're neat little books, and graded out surprisingly well after being rolled up in retail plastic for 25 years.

Edited by BabaLament
Remove photo

3 minutes ago, BabaLament said:

@Chillax23 I paid around $10/ea for the Kenner Aliens toys; picked up a full set of the first series just to get at the mini-comics. To my knowledge, Dark Horse never reprinted the minis series in any kind of TPB. They're neat little books, and graded out surprisingly well after being rolled up in retail plastic for 25 years.

We're not allowed to post those labels here... suggest you edit :foryou: 

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
13 minutes ago, BabaLament said:

We're not allowed to post those labels here... suggest you edit  :foryou:

Speaking of which, may I suggest this thread ^^

@ADAMANTIUM Much appreciated sir. Not looking to cause trouble. Photo removed. As to your recommendation, I have a couple of books right next to me that are taking full advantage of said promotion; an ASM #129 & Marvel Tales #106. I have a thing for cover swipes. 

Edited by BabaLament
Additional content.

2 minutes ago, BabaLament said:

@ADAMANTIUM Much appreciated sir. Not looking to cause trouble. Photo removed. As to your recommendation, I have a couple of books right next to me that are taking full advantage of said promotion; an ASM #129 & Marvel Tales #106. I have a thing for cover swipes. 

That's a sweet deal :) I remember from another thread your submission's and goals, were any of those taking advantage of the crossover promotion?

I had a PGX ASM 129 that was a "5.5" and I had it pressed and submitted to CGC, as a noob. It came back 4.5 lol I was a little disgusted, I ended up trading it and a Silver Surfer #4 CGC 8.0 for a sideshow statue....

I've only got 3 of any other company at this point, so I don't deem it worthy of the promotion and one of those 3 is ss by voldy (what we call the grading company you departed from) the SS wouldn't be honored...

@ADAMANTIUM Unfortunately, Voldy (tip of the hat to whomever came up with that) decided to hold my books for 22+ weeks without doing anything with them; which is sad, as 10 of those books were witnessed signatures by Skottie Young. So those will be submitted in the raw. One of them is the What If Venom Possessed Deadpool, which I was super happy to have, then doubly-happy to have signed. I had an ASM #129 at 3.5 under slab that I picked up in trade for a set of Secret Wars (I) & some cash; but I traded that at Comicpalooza for an absolutely beautiful copy of Batman Adventures 12 & a set of Teen Titans Judas Contract. The guy really wanted my Secret Wars 8, which had several signatures, but was downgraded hard b/c of the Stan Lee Collectibles sticker, but I wasn't going to break up the set.The other two books came back (higher tier), and are yellow label from Sam De La Rosa; a Venom: LP Gold & Platinum (Italian). Those two books will take advantage of crossover, as well as the ASM #129 & MT #106; but the Punisher books are under the Slab of Shame. Please don't judge me too harshly for picking those up; the price was right, and if the grades are decent, they will go from flip candidates to my PC.

Edited by BabaLament
Additional content.

1 minute ago, BabaLament said:

@ADAMANTIUM Unfortunately, Voldy (tip of the hat to whomever came up with that) decided to hold my books for 22+ weeks without doing anything with them; which is sad, as 10 of those books were witnessed signatures by Skottie Young. The other two books came back (higher tier), and are yellow label from Sam De La Rosa; a Venom: LP Gold & Platinum (Italian). Those two books will take advantage of crossover, as well as the ASM #129 & MT #106; but the Punisher books are under the Slab of Shame. Please don't judge me too harshly for picking those up; the price was right, and if the grades are decent, they will go from flip candidates to my PC.

lol No Worries I've posted worse on the boards, the Punisher is awesome :) I finally had to google when the new Netflix season would arrive, sadly seems not until next year...(probably early though :) )

the SS yellow I don't believe that CGC will honor from Voldy, but do what's best! I do have one skottie Young signed book thought ^^ it was a Cable Dr. Stange Deapool #47 I think..

I would love a Cable and Deadpool #'s 1 & 50, I read the TPB, it was fun....!

11 minutes ago, BabaLament said:

@ADAMANTIUM Unfortunately, Voldy (tip of the hat to whomever came up with that) decided to hold my books for 22+ weeks without doing anything with them; which is sad, as 10 of those books were witnessed signatures by Skottie Young. So those will be submitted in the raw. One of them is the What If Venom Possessed Deadpool, which I was super happy to have, then doubly-happy to have signed. I had an ASM #129 at 3.5 under slab that I picked up in trade for a set of Secret Wars (I) & some cash; but I traded that at Comicpalooza for an absolutely beautiful copy of Batman Adventures 12 & a set of Teen Titans Judas Contract. The guy really wanted my Secret Wars 8, which had several signatures, but was downgraded hard b/c of the Stan Lee Collectibles sticker, but I wasn't going to break up the set.The other two books came back (higher tier), and are yellow label from Sam De La Rosa; a Venom: LP Gold & Platinum (Italian). Those two books will take advantage of crossover, as well as the ASM #129 & MT #106; but the Punisher books are under the Slab of Shame. Please don't judge me too harshly for picking those up; the price was right, and if the grades are decent, they will go from flip candidates to my PC.

I have some Neal Adams tamper proof stickers as well lol sounds like you traded up in most cases. The yellow labels I'd keep in the old labels and hope voldy gets it's carp together. I live in Dallas and there has been no buzz zilch nada. You would think that it would be cheaper for me lol but no.

I have some raw comics with s igs, I'd love to do something with, but I'll love them for now until someone else loves them more  :foryou:

@ADAMANTIUM I thoroughly enjoyed the Netflix series. I thought the Metallica "One" remix from the trailer was perfect; would have liked that to stay the intro music through the series. Still, a great series; I think its the best of Marvel's TV thus far. I really hope they push the envelope in season two. They added a tease about the Gnucci family in a scene of Season 1; I'd really like to see the Garth Enis run in live action. :D

Edited by BabaLament
Correct spelling errors.