• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Widow Solo Movie Announced!! Official Movie Thread!

55 posts in this topic

I think someone else nailed it earlier. Her physicality is just all wrong. She was miscast. I never "believe it" when I see a 5"2" pixie single handedly taking down a bunch of stormtroopers. Its easier for me to suspend disbelief for the sentience and rise of a 50 foot robot.

Mila Jovovich would have been a great choice for the role.

-J.

I think someone else nailed it earlier. Her physicality is just all wrong. She was miscast. I never "believe it" when I see a 5"2" pixie single handedly taking down a bunch of stormtroopers. Its easier for me to suspend disbelief for the sentience and rise of a 50 foot robot.

-J.

Hey J! Well I like what she brings to the role (not talking physicality now - just how she approaches it). And she is more 5" 3". Which is the same height as Wolverine supposedly is. So if you can accept Wolverine (a man) at 5" 3" doing all that damage, a from childhood trained assassin at 5' 3" who is a woman should not stretch one's belief system.

(oh poopies I played thew gender card) :eek:

-J.

Hey J! Well I like what she brings to the role (not talking physicality now - just how she approaches it). And she is more 5" 3". Which is the same height as Wolverine supposedly is. So if you can accept Wolverine (a man) at 5" 3" doing all that damage, a from childhood trained assassin at 5' 3" who is a woman should not stretch one's belief system.

Those celebrity height sites are almost never right. She's maybe 5'2" on a good posture day.

Plus Wolverine is a burly, medically enhanced mutant (who's played by a 6' + tall actor on screen who was also miscast IMO).

And whoops! I just played the mutant card. :sumo:lol

-J.

-J.

I'll admit that Milla would have been a better choice, but I'm still happy with Scarlett's performance. I like that she had longer hair in Civil War.

-J.

Those celebrity height sites are almost never right. She's maybe 5'2" on a good posture day.

Plus Wolverine is a burly, medically enhanced mutant (who's played by a 6' + tall actor on screen who was also miscast IMO).

And whoops! I just played the mutant card. :sumo:lol

-J.

Natasha is a mutant as well. You didn't know that? (oopsie loo - I played the fake info that you will be compelled to look up card)

I quite like her as Black Widow.

Love watching her moves when she is fighting.

Agreed. She is actually one of my favorite characters in the current Marvel crop.

Just finished "Hitchcock." She was a terrific Janet Leigh. Even in her most WTF movies like "Under The Skin," she dominates a role no matter how un-commercial. I have yet to see "Lucy" though.

Scarlett Johanssen solo scene? :wishluck:

I was going to say I hope the film is minimum R-rated with lots of nudity, especially Scarlett.

Being the classy gent that I am, I decided against it.

Agreed. She is actually one of my favorite characters in the current Marvel crop.

Just finished "Hitchcock." She was a terrific Janet Leigh. Even in her most WTF movies like "Under The Skin," she dominates a role no matter how un-commercial. I have yet to see "Lucy" though.

She's does well. The movie itself gets kind of weird, but she carries it fine the whole time.

I think a solo movie would be fine for her, maybe some type of 'taken' or bourne identity movie. She can target the black widow program and take on the newest black widow or widows. or something.

She's does well. The movie itself gets kind of weird, but she carries it fine the whole time.

I think a solo movie would be fine for her, maybe some type of 'taken' or bourne identity movie. She can target the black widow program and take on the newest black widow or widows. or something.

Yep. It should be a "spy thriller" type movie more-so than a "capes" movie.

I couldn't stand "Under the Skin," aside of course from her being in the buff. :cloud9: I'm a huge science fiction fan, but my girlfriend isn't, and somehow that equated to me hating that film and her loving it. :insane:

I think it would make more sense if it was a prequel to her work with the Avengers, like I would expect of a solo Nick Fury film.